"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

BBQ chicken, baked beans, deviled eggs, and sliced fresh tomatoes, we never have dessert. Except for holidays !

Old 09-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
Head Chef

Since we have been watching football all day I just threw together some sandwiches.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Chicken a la king with biscuits and chicken wings as appetizers.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
Executive Chef

LOL, mudbug!

Let's see: carrot muffins, carrot cake, carrot cookies, candied carrots, copper penny carrots, carrot stew, carrot pancakes, carrot jelly .... Buy a rabbit!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Grilled pork chops, fried potatoes w/ onions, garlic, S&P, and green beans.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #16
Master Chef

For lunch a Pakistani friend made us a beef dish and a potato/cauliflower/pea one. I brought a spicy tomato salad (from the garden) and a cucumber kimchee (also from the garden). Yummm yumm. We went to a potluck party in late afternoon ... MORE good food. I brought my artichoke dip, which everyone loves and is so easy. Great food all day. I may decide to have a cup of soup tonight.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #17
Master Chef

We had a wonderful, albeit late, dinner tonight.

I stopped in at our local gourmet/organic market this afternoon & picked up a pound of huge dry-pack sea scallops, which I marinated for 30 minutes in one of my favorite bottled sauces - Dave's Gourmet "Soyabi" Sauce. I then just seared them in a little olive oil in my big cast-iron pan & sprinkled them with some sesame seeds.

In a separate pan I sauteed 2 paper-thin cut (on a mandoline) carrots, 1 diced lovely local organic yellow squash, 2 sliced tiny little baby bok choi, a minced clove of garlic, & a dash of hot sesame oil.

Light, healthy, fast, & delicious!!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjcooking
Since we have been watching football all day I just threw together some sandwiches.
Picture this....I am in love with a guy from South Philly. My son was raised to be a Giants fan. Both are extremely agreeable. It so happens my boyfriend stayed this afternoon to watch the game instead of leaving earlier to get back to Philly to watch. My son was home from school for the afternoon. They are both so agreeable that neither wanted to gloat when it would have been appropriate to gloat.

I stayed in the kitchen and cooked.

It was quite a game though, was it not?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:02 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

OH boy, long day we did the stuffed porkchops, instead of sauteeing them s-i-l put them into my fish grill basket and did them on the grill, basting them with a little butter mixed with white wine, they were delicious this way, We had the au gratin potatoes, tiny green beens with almonds, baby lettuce with sliced pears and dried cranberries and glazed walnut, evoo and pear vinegar then we sprinkle on a little crumbled blu cheese.home made rolls, with butter...dessert was to be cream puffs, but, we ended up with walnut brownies and vanilla ice cream...for starters today I did a cheddar/beer soup..yummy it hit the spot

kadesma
Old 09-18-2006, 01:04 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

gloat gloat gloat.

gloat gloat gloat gloat, happy dance, gloat gloat gloat.

choke-town, pa. (ahhh, that feels good. forgive me, i'm better now)

i missed out on my chance for $10 and a bloody chest, as we stayed at my parents' house saturday night and went to island beach state park today. the ocean was rough, but it was a fun day. we stopped off at berkeley seafood for lunch on the way out. softshell crab sammies, lobster bisque, fried clam strips.

we got stuck in traffic on the way home, so we tried to order out from a new polish place up the block. i should have known something was weird when the 2 phone numbers on the menu were cell phones, and one of them was for ordering in polish. our 3 or 4 phone calls were redirected to a polish speaking voice mail system, so i left a message in spanglish.

so i ended up picking up food from a diner, which recently raised it's prices and hired **insert derrogatory word here**.
i had asked for a substitution on the menu (a large cole slaw instead of french fries with the grilled chicken sandwich deluxe for dw) and offered to pay extra if needed, but they managed not only to eliminate the fries, but the cole slaw as well. they didn't even include the usual tiny tablespoon sized cup of cole slaw. it was just a grilled chicken breast on a roll with lettuce and tomato, FOR $9. when the waiter handed me the bag, i reiterated my request, of which he assured me that everything was as ordered, so i left a 20% tip.
i discovered the mistake just as i was leaving for work, and called the place. the host actually argued with me that i shouldn't have asked for a substitution, and that i might be lying.

al i can say is: thank you philly. nothing can ruin my day, not even incompetence or rudeness.

time to find a new diner.

gloat.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote