Dinner 9-18-2019 ~ National Cheeseburger Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Since Himself mentioned that today would be National Cheeseburger Day yesterday, I can actually plan on "celebrating" today. Whee! :D Besides, I still have half the box of Angus burgers I got at Aldi last month and I need to make room in the freezer. So, burgers at our house tonight. Baked potato wedges, too.

What are your dinner plans? If you don't have any, might I suggest you stop by the Olympia Restaurant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo

No cheezbuggahs for us tonight! [emoji38] It's Third Wednesday Sushi & Tunes + half-off wine at our favorite local seafood restaurant, so we're heading there tonight for a sushi roll appetizer and my perennial favorite tempura shrimp tacos :yum: I always look over the specials and the menu and I always end up ordering the same thing. It comes with three and I can only eat two, so I'll have an extra for lunch tomorrow.

Corn dogs made with Nathan's all beef hot dogs with our homemade German sweet hot mustard plus three-colored potato salad with a sour cream, yogurt, horsradish, fresh dill, red onion, vinegar dressing.

Attachments

• 2019-09-18 17.58.50.jpg
    2019-09-18 17.58.50.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 108
We had killer cheeseburgers last night, the homemade Pimento Cheese made them extra special. I didn't even know it was National Cheeseburger Day.
I'm worn out with a dinner party tomorrow so this is cooks night off. SC went to KFC to pick up a couple of the the old fella's chicken pot pies..they are actually really quite good!

Last edited:
This is what I had tonite - It was a repeat of what I cooked a couple of days ago - I. e. the new recipe I posted for Meatballs and Angel Hair Pasta with a spicy rose tomato sauce.

I loved it so much I thought I'd have it again tonite - here's the pic :

Attachments

• IMG_8835 -  Meatballs & Angel Hair & Penne in Rose Sauce.jpg
    IMG_8835 - Meatballs & Angel Hair & Penne in Rose Sauce.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 104
I made Kayelle's http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html#post895509. It was good. I used cabbage instead of mung bean sprouts because I didn't have any bean sprouts, but other than making a smaller amount, that was the only thing I changed in the recipe. DH was out, so it was the perfect time to use shrimp, which he won't eat. I will have to try it with the bean sprouts.

Back
Top Bottom