"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner 9/20/06?

my pseudo-dinner (like i said, my dinner is early) is probably what Chef says we're cooking.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Chicken & dumplin's for us tonight, I think. I judt don't feel like having to debone the chicken after it's cooked. Any ideas? I've got 5 leg quarters that I need to use for something tonight.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Everymom

Hey crewsk, I'd do a fried chicken with those. As for me, dinner will be a dash as one daughter is running her first x-country race today and the other is off to babysit as soon as we get home. Dinner will likely be soup and sandwiches. I'm working today so no prep time at all.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Master Chef

Thanks Alix! I did fried chicken last week & since we've had fried pork chops & country style steak this week, I was going to try & stay away from fried tonight. I think my real problem is that I'm just getting burned out on my cooking. I'll be so glad when hubby gets paid tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I think I'll make some gyros using leftover leg of lamb.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
Executive Chef

We will probably have leftovers. I made a chicken pan pie and an impossible pumpkin pie last night and the night before had made a ham and potato casserole so we have plent of those left. We also had a salad both nights, but I may make some cole slaw to freshen up things a bit. Even with our warm weather I've been wanting fall comfort food.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Thanks Alix! I did fried chicken last week & since we've had fried pork chops & country style steak this week, I was going to try & stay away from fried tonight. I think my real problem is that I'm just getting burned out on my cooking. I'll be so glad when hubby gets paid tomorrow!
This should be a fresh, delicious idea to prepare chicken legs!... If the weather is still good enough this would be the best cooked in the barbeque grill, but either broiling or inside grilling gadget should do the job, too. Also for the kiddies, you may go easy on the chili. When I make my tandoori, I use paprika to get the red shade, too.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
Head Chef

I am making beef/vegtable soup and an apple pie. Its ONLY 55 here right now and very gray and blah. Feels like Fall is here to stay.....
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
This should be a fresh, delicious idea to prepare chicken legs!... If the weather is still good enough this would be the best cooked in the barbeque grill, but either broiling or inside grilling gadget should do the job, too. Also for the kiddies, you may go easy on the chili. When I make my tandoori, I use paprika to get the red shade, too.
Thanks urmaniac! Unfortunately I don't have everything I need for this dish. But, on the bright side, I have plenty of chicken in the freezer so I'll try it out next week!

I just got a call from hubby & he's on his way to the doctor, seems he's hurt his back & is in so much pain he can barely stand up. He asked what I had planned for supper & if nothing if I'd make chicken & dumplin's...so, I guess that's what it'll be.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #10
Head Chef

tuna noodle bake