Dinner 9/20/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my pseudo-dinner (like i said, my dinner is early) is probably what Chef says we're cooking.

Last edited:
Chicken & dumplin's for us tonight, I think.:wacko: I judt don't feel like having to debone the chicken after it's cooked. Any ideas? I've got 5 leg quarters that I need to use for something tonight.

Hey crewsk, I'd do a fried chicken with those. As for me, dinner will be a dash as one daughter is running her first x-country race today and the other is off to babysit as soon as we get home. Dinner will likely be soup and sandwiches. I'm working today so no prep time at all.

Thanks Alix! I did fried chicken last week & since we've had fried pork chops & country style steak this week, I was going to try & stay away from fried tonight. I think my real problem is that I'm just getting burned out on my cooking. I'll be so glad when hubby gets paid tomorrow!

We will probably have leftovers. I made a chicken pan pie and an impossible pumpkin pie last night and the night before had made a ham and potato casserole so we have plent of those left. We also had a salad both nights, but I may make some cole slaw to freshen up things a bit. Even with our warm weather I've been wanting fall comfort food.

crewsk said:
Thanks Alix! I did fried chicken last week & since we've had fried pork chops & country style steak this week, I was going to try & stay away from fried tonight. I think my real problem is that I'm just getting burned out on my cooking. I'll be so glad when hubby gets paid tomorrow!

This should be a fresh, delicious idea to prepare chicken legs!... If the weather is still good enough this would be the best cooked in the barbeque grill, but either broiling or inside grilling gadget should do the job, too. Also for the kiddies, you may go easy on the chili. When I make my tandoori, I use paprika to get the red shade, too.

I am making beef/vegtable soup and an apple pie. Its ONLY 55 here right now and very gray and blah. Feels like Fall is here to stay.....

urmaniac13 said:
This should be a fresh, delicious idea to prepare chicken legs!... If the weather is still good enough this would be the best cooked in the barbeque grill, but either broiling or inside grilling gadget should do the job, too. Also for the kiddies, you may go easy on the chili. When I make my tandoori, I use paprika to get the red shade, too.

Thanks urmaniac! Unfortunately I don't have everything I need for this dish. :( But, on the bright side, I have plenty of chicken in the freezer so I'll try it out next week!

I just got a call from hubby & he's on his way to the doctor, seems he's hurt his back & is in so much pain he can barely stand up. He asked what I had planned for supper & if nothing if I'd make chicken & dumplin's...so, I guess that's what it'll be.

Making a ham steak that cooks in brown sugar to carmelize, hash browns, and some other veggies.

We're having a big wine-dinner event at the restaurant tomorrow, and chef asked if I could come in tonight and help them do some prep, so I'll probably eat there, and make something for the fiance before I leave home. Maybe some honey-terriyaki with rice; one of her favorites and I haven't made it for quite awhile.

Breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes with butter, stewed tomatoes. For dessert we will have a piece of the apple cake I made from the recipe that Contance gave us. It is delicious. :wub:

Crewsk, I hope DH is OK!!! You're a good wife for making him the meal he's requesting--hopefully it'll make him feel better!!!

I have a big pot of soup on the stove but it's being shelved 'till tomorrow. It's so nice here today, a brisk fall day, that we decided when DH gets home I'll pack up some sandwiches and fruit and the 3 of us will head to the park for a walk and some time on the swings and bouncy toys.

That sounds like fun PA.

I'm not really ready for fall and winter to start but I am ready for all the soups that I'll get to make.

I decided to save the leftovers for tomorrow and make
breakfast for dinner tonight. Bacon and eggs.

We're having veal stew with potatoes,peas,celery, mushrooms, in a nice brown type gravy...Biscuits with honey and butter, a chopped salad, and baked apples...

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom