Dinner 9-3-2013 ~ Boozeday Tuesday anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
*sigh* Today started off on the wrong foot. Fortunately my foot had a slipper on it when I found out kitty didn't use her litter pan last night....

Debating between two meal options. My brain says to use up lots of the leftovers; I'd do lime-beer boiled shrimp (and maybe two small TJs crab cakes) to go with all the side dishes that are cluttering up the 'fridge. Or my taste buds and tummy say they want breakfast-for-supper. Bloody Mary is a breakfast drink, right? I have a bottle of V-8 in the way. One thing is not in doubt - we WILL eat! :LOL:

Anyone sure of what you're having? Or are you in decision-making mode like I am?

Decision making mode here.
I bought a loin of ribeyes the other day that I should probably throw in the freezer for a couple hours then cut. I sharpened my knives Saturday so am good in that dept. So if I do that I am sure I will save one for the grill, but then I would need to make a green veggie run.
Or leftover something.
Shrimp sounds nice though... but I kind of feel like wings.
Actually, I don't even think I am far enough along to come close to decision making mode. I am more in hazard a guess mode.

We all know how important a balanced diet is. I recommend you eat a meal with representatives from each of the three major food groups, MEAT, FISH and POULTRY!

I suspect we will have leftovers from last night (chicken leg quarters with jerk seasoning and corn).

I will add to the this some crab jalapeno poppers.

That sounds good, too.
A hot dog, blind robin and a pickled egg it is. :chef:

I haven't been feeling well today. Good thing I bought a pound of ground beef yesterday. That and a boxed taco dinner will make an easy meal - one that DH will make ;)

If I feel better, I may make some easy Mexican rice - 1 cup of rice in the microwave with 1-1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup prepared salsa.

Hope you feel better soon, GG.

I have been in quandry mode for a few hours. The power has been out here and around the whole town. I needed to cook something. Eating out wasn't an option with everyone without power. It was looking like tortilla chips. But with electricity restored, it is oven roasted potatoes and store bought hummus on cucumber slices.

Yesterday I spent most of the day bottling wine and didn't feel like cooking when all was said and done (oddly enough, I did feel like drinking, though). So we ended up ordering takeout Chinese for Labor Day instead of grilling up the beef tenderloin steaks I had originally planned. Therefore, tonight we'll have the tenderloin.

I am hungry for a tuna melt, sliced tomato on the side, grilled corn off the cob salad/ more like a salsa and leftover fruit salad.

We all know how important a balanced diet is. I recommend you eat a meal with representatives from each of the three major food groups, MEAT, FISH and POULTRY!

Dessert. You forgot dessert. Chocolate is "health food" now, right? Unless you used up that cake-in-a-mug thing pac. :ermm:

*sigh* Today started off on the wrong foot. Fortunately my foot had a slipper on it when I found out kitty didn't use her litter pan last night....

Debating between two meal options. My brain says to use up lots of the leftovers; I'd do lime-beer boiled shrimp (and maybe two small TJs crab cakes) to go with all the side dishes that are cluttering up the 'fridge. Or my taste buds and tummy say they want breakfast-for-supper. Bloody Mary is a breakfast drink, right? I have a bottle of V-8 in the way. One thing is not in doubt - we WILL eat! :LOL:

Anyone sure of what you're having? Or are you in decision-making mode like I am?
If you make it with V-8, it's called a bloody granola. :LOL:

Feel better soon GG.

I wasn't much in the mood for a lot of cooking, so I just made some pesto and served it with whole grain fusilli. I made a batch of basil pesto (you can't even tell that there is anything missing from the basil plant) and a small serving, as a test, of oregano pesto (Foodborn and Bred: Oregano Pesto). They were both quite good.

Notes to self: more garlic, more walnuts (I sub walnuts for pine nuts), and more olive oil next time.

I had plans to make something with the leftover chicken, tomatoes, etc., but the visiting Great Dane had explosive diarrhea that started at 5:00 p.m. I kinda lost my appetite after cleaning that up. Poor baby. He found a rawhide in the yard and consumed it before I could get him to do "off."

He has a red wine stain on his nose--he bumped me, I needed a glass of wine before I could deal with the e.d. (I gag at the smell of dog poo). Okay, it was more like two or three, but it is not the biggest wine glass in the cupboard. So, I've had fermented grapes for dinner.

Last edited:
I made a batch of turkey rice last night and gave most of it away, but saved a container for myself. I was busy until 7ish so it was something quick. I had some of that with a grilled cheese sandwich.

I had plans to make something with the leftover chicken, tomatoes, etc., but the visiting Great Dane had explosive diarrhea that started at 5:00 p.m. I kinda lost my appetite after cleaning that up. Poor baby. He found a rawhide in the yard and consumed it before I could get him to do "off."

He has a red wine stain on his nose--he bumped me, I needed a glass of wine before I could deal with the e.d. (I gag at the smell of dog poo). Okay, it was more like two or three, but it is not the biggest wine glass in the cupboard. So, I've had fermented grapes for dinner.
It's fruit salad.

img_1297374_0_4808cc13da44f4457185bdf7fc86b3b7.jpg

We had the soup from the roasted chicken yesterday, and the left over salad. This is the fine way to conclude a busy day.

~Cat

Back
Top Bottom