Dinner 9-4-2019 ~ National Wildlife Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is National Wildlife Day, founded to bring awareness to endangered species. We will not be having elephant steak tonight. :cool:

Dinner at Chez G is leftover hot dogs, a burger, and potato salad. I'm making tuna salad shortly for nibbles if we end up getting a little grumble late tonight. Beats reaching for the chips, I guess.

What tame (or not) dinner will you have tonight?

We had cheeseburgers on the grill. It was a little touch and go for awhile with fast moving thunderstorms. However, they cleared in time for me to crank up the trusty rusty gas grill so we could eat.

I had a hamburger steak with a mushroom sauce and a pickle. It was one of the pickles I made using Charlie D's recipe. That was tasty.

Today is National Wildlife Day, founded to bring awareness to endangered species. We will not be having elephant steak tonight. :cool:
What tame (or not) dinner will you have tonight?
Speaking of wildlife, the attached photo is of a restaurant in Nairobi, Kenya called the Carnivore. We were served ostrich, zebra, and wildebeest, along with chicken and pork.

Attachments

• Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 71
Speaking of wildlife, the attached photo is of a restaurant in Nairobi, Kenya called the Carnivore. We were served ostrich, zebra, and wildebeest, along with chicken and pork.
Cool! I can't remember if I've had ostrich or not. (You would think that I WOULD remember something like that!) There was a restaurant a town over that offered many exotic entrees. One time we went with neighbors and sampled each other's dinner. I think ostrich was one of them.

Often wish I was having some kind of exotic wildlife - keep thinking of the time I had snake meat when I was in Singapore - surprisingly quite good, I truly enjoyed it. (Don't recall what kind of snake it was).

And no, I won't say it tasted like chicken ! LOL

Flip side of that coin - same place in S.E. Asia - I once had monkey brains - never again !

Meantime, tonite we had chicken wings with tangy sauce - per my posted recipe where I just added a pic of the finished wings.

Back
Top Bottom