Dinner anyone? Happy St. Patrick's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mish said:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/417406-post24.html

r18919fp.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day ;)

cute, mish!

buckytom said:
happy st. pat's day to all!!!
i'm hoping for corned beef, cabbage, and spuds tonight.
i'll call dw later to see if she can get it going, then i'll finish up when i get home.
golly, if my dh called me and asked if I'd start the cnb&c for todays meal and then he planned on finishing it when he got home, I'd fall over in a faint:LOL:

I don't celebate St. Patrick's Day, for the same reason I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo or Bastille day.

My son and his wife invited themselves over for dinner, so I am making Grandma LoVullo's sauce, rotini, meat balls, Italian sausage, and apple pie for dessert.

caine, i've tried, but i can't seem to draw parallels as to why you wouldn't celebrate those specific days. a patron saint's day, a secondary military battle conmemoration, and a national holiday based the beginning of a revolt? que es el dealio?

lefse, lol, the irish are far more clever than most people realize.

how much finishing up is there in a one pot boiled dinner? all i had to do was remove it from the pot, slice, and serve. but it does appear like i helped by suggesting it. :cool:

oh, and jam some in my boy's pie hole as i chase him around the house during dinner. that's the tough part. he doesn't sit long for anything, let alone dinner.

gotta give dw credit; one of the best corned beef, cabbage and spud dinners i've ever eaten. we had a cook's brand corned beef. it has a few less grams of fat per serving. ten as opposed to 13 to 20 as i've seen on other packages. but it was still moist enough with that marbled taste. i almost cried when dw suggested we "cut off all that fat before slicing". :huh:

Last edited:
buckytom said:
lefse, lol, the irish are far more clever than most people realize.

oh listen Bucky, my husband is 100% Irish. He can build and design Rockets, so I know how industrious and clever my Irish man can be, but ask him to take a slab of meat out and somehow finish it off, oh no, that's beyond his genius:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :wacko: :huh:

I made a traditional corned beef for myself (I'll enjoy the leftovers in Reuben sandwiches or with morning eggs this coming week) & a turkey kielbasa for my husband; we both enjoyed the same sides - whole-grain mustard & horseradish (of course); sliced green cabbage sauteed in an obscene amount of butter, salt, & freshly ground black pepper; sugar-glazed turnips & baby carrots; & plain boiled & buttered halved baby white potatoes.

buckytom said:
caine, i've tried, but i can't seem to draw parallels as to why you wouldn't celebrate those specific days.
I am not Irish, I am not Mexican, and I am not French. I also don't celebrate Columbus Day, because I am not Spanish. ;)

I do, however, celebrate the Lunar New Year, because I am looney!:-p

Last edited:
I had a traditional Irish dinner...whiskey and kulcannon.

Hear about the Irish guy that tried to blow up a car!?

he got third degree burns off the muffler!

Back
Top Bottom