Dinner anyone? Happy St. Patrick's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Happy St. Patrick's Day!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone cooking anything special tonight, or, 'green'?
My meal [so far > as the weather's messed up my schedule today] will be in Cancun. I doubt that I can get anything 'green' there and since I don't drink, it for sure won't be green beer or green wine.:wacko: But it's easy enough to get good food there...fish/salad/fresh fruit will be on the plate wherever I choose to dine:-p .

For those of you that are facing awful weather too, stay warm, drink lots of hot cocoa, wrap up, and snuggle.

Happy Day to all ye Irish folks<>includes my hubby and kids.;)

I've already got my corned beef, new potatoes, and some cabbage. I'll get the corned beef going in the crockpot in a little while, then finish with the taters and cabbage in the last hour.

Of course, I'm not going to EAT any of the cabbage. I can't stand the stuff.

PeppA has told me she just does NOT care for "real" corned beef. She wants the stuff out of a can. Oh well, more for me.

My husband is still in Austin so I'm having a solo dinner tonight. It isn't very Irish, but Chinese sounds good or maybe a lamb shank slow roasted with veggies.

cause I had the time, and the weather here was wintry yesterday, I cooked up the cbnc...a real corned brisket, newpies, young green cabbage, carrots, a parsnip, an onion, sweet spices...enough for the eve of (last night) and the day of (tonight). Really good. And I'm not Irish...but cbnc is prolly more American anyway. cheers

Corned beef n' cabbage in the crockpot...Irish soda bread...I splurged and bought Irish butter and some Irish cheese...green champagne and for dessert Key lime pie.

Happy St. Pat's Day to all!

Sadly in Italy "St. Patricks Day" is rarely celebrated, not many people even know of it. :(

However we found a whole bunch of wonderful fresh artichokes, one of our 3 spring delights (artichokes, strawberries, asparguses), so we will be making some artichokes alla romana, along with some crema di artichokes.

happy st. pat's day to all!!!

callie, what brand of butter and cheese did you get?

urm, ya gotta remind everyone there that saint patrick was actually born in england of roman parents. he was then taken as a slave to ireland, where he spoke to god who led him back to the vatican. then, he brought christianity back to ireland.
he was really just a paisan!

i'm hoping for corned beef, cabbage, and spuds tonight.

it took me an hour and a half to hack the ice from the sidewalk, stairs, and walkways, so my plan of getting in to work early, then getting home to make boiled corned beef and cabbage has gone awry.
i'll call dw later to see if she can get it going, then i'll finish up when i get home.

Happy ST. Patrick's Day to all. We are invited out for dinner tonight, but don't think it'll be Irish. We did have friends over earlier in the week and I did the corned beef dinner.

buckytom said:
urm, ya gotta remind everyone there that saint patrick was actually born in england of roman parents. he was then taken as a slave to ireland, where he spoke to god who led him back to the vatican. then, he brought christianity back to ireland.
he was really just a paisan!

Wow, Bucky, I didn't know, probably just as most of the Roman folks here... I will try to spread the words so there maybe a St. Pat's day celebration also in Rome in the near future... Grazie for the history lesson!!;)

I've been eating corned beef and cabbage for three days, and DH has been eating corned beef sandwiches. Tonight we're going out with friends to celebrate the birthday of one our crowd who's a St. Pattie's Day baby.
I think I'll have a steak. :ermm:

Attachments

• post-3-1174088547.jpg
    post-3-1174088547.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 178
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/417406-post24.html

r18919fp.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day ;)

buckytom said:
happy st. pat's day to all!!!

callie, what brand of butter and cheese did you get?

bt ~ Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter ($5/8 oz:ohmy: ) and Kerrygold Dubliner cheese ($5/7 oz:ohmy: ). I drove 110 miles to get to the market - and I was so surprised to find these items!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, too, to everyone!:lucky::lucky: I'm pretty authentic...used to be Caitlin Maire O'Neill from County Cork, Ireland. Doesn't get much more Irish than that. Just don't have red hair. Our youngest son has bright red hair, so he has enough for both of us.

We're having corned beef and cabbage, mashed taters, N.Y. Times bread, and Chocolate Emeralds (chocolate/green creme de menthe cookie-like bars) for dessert. Have some Killian's Red in the fridge gettin' nice and cold. That should just about do it!

Yep, bucky, I knew about St. Patrick and his non-Ireland life. I wrote a column about him several years ago explaining his history. Quite a few of my readers were surprised.

It's pretty warm here today so we'll be havin corned beef sandwiches on great french rolls, potato salad, some Killians red,and if anyone is interested later root beer floats:LOL: A Happy St. Paddys day to ya...

kadesma:D

I want corned beef & cabbage so bad I can't stand it!! I'm the only one in the house who will eat corned beef so I don't cook it.:(

Tonight we're having ham, baked cabbage, pineapple cass., & biscuits. If I have any blackberries in the freezer we'll have cobbler, if not, we'll just go without dessert.

Going to L'Impero tonight!!! Then to Jazz Standard. It was absolutely a nasty morning here for the parade:(

alcohol & naps 4 me today. missed that parade, though after our last (steelers) parade i was trying to get to school & shoved through a crowd of 250,000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom