Dinner anyone? Sunday 06/20/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I have a pork tenderloin marinating with Cajun seasoning. Made a BIG bowl of mac salad. Veggies to be determined. It is real hot and humid here. I plan on cooking on the grill, but might do it in the oven. With the extreme heat out side and my landlord's idea of air conditioning, if I use the the oven, it might warm up nicely in here.:LOL:

It is too hot to even think about food right now (over 90, high humidity, no A/C). James will be going back to Columbia (more training) this evening, so we will probably stop for fast food on the way up. That way we can eat in the air conditioned car (the dog will be with us, so we won't want to go in to eat). Otherwise I will pop a TV dinner in when I get home.

:)Barbara

Big salad with green leaf lettuce, sweet onion, grape tomatoes, cauliflower florets, black olives, carrot, chickpeas, and extra sharp cheddar, with a balsamic vinaigrette. Baguette on the side.

Just took a frozen meal of pot roast out of the freezer. I'll make some mashed potatoes to go with it.

SO made me Key Lime Pie for dessert!!

NY Strip steaks on the grill, potato salad, and sauted mushrooms and onions

one pot poach of flounder baby new potatoes and green beans. (last night was pan saute, tonight poach. (butter shallot wine fine herbs)

Well, the "furred & feathered kids" wanted to treat "Dad" right for Fathers Day, so the day started out with him opening his gifts - some dvds he wanted, & a BIG pizza stone & peel for him to tinker with in the kitchen. Our pets like to gift well. . . .

Then we had some quick Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches out before shopping for the day's Fathers Day delights - "Raspberry Margaritas" accompanying Hillshire Farms "Turkey 'Little Smokies'" sausages, which I turned into "Pigs in a Blanket" (or should that be "Turkeys in a Blanket"?) for an afternoon snack; & at the moment I have 3 pounds of gorgeous King Crab legs oven-steaming & water on to boil for the first of the farmers market southern Virginia corn on the cob (ears are small, but I bet they're sweet!) - both to be served with copious amounts of lemon butter. Dessert will be Belgian Milk Chocolate gelato with toasted walnuts.

I have a pork tenderloin marinating with Cajun seasoning. Made a BIG bowl of mac salad. Veggies to be determined. It is real hot and humid here. I plan on cooking on the grill, but might do it in the oven. With the extreme heat out side and my landlord's idea of air conditioning, if I use the the oven, it might warm up nicely in here.:LOL:

I decided on using the grill. I forgot how much heat they put off. :chef:
I fried some granny smith apples and sliced some (uhh)ripe on the vine tomatoes.

dinner! my Dad fed jake many snacks (thanks, Dad, for that non-offer of food towards your own; i may've appreciated a few meats or cheeses from that antipasto-platter, myself!)

We BBQ'ed pork roast sliced and rubbed with Chipotle chili, olive oil and Hawaiian sea salt. Complimented by rice, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, fruit salad (with brown sugar, orange juice and Grand Mariner), chedder jalepeno bread and blueberry gorgonzola salad. For desert we had chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. So full.

Boy did the gang eat today, Daughter brought a dry rubbed tri-tip, sone brought a corned beef and cabbage, I had appy's of St Ande on crostini with sliced figs and honey and walnuts and salami cooked in the oven til crisp then topped with a dab of sour cream, dill dip and chips, marinated olives and cubes of cheeseballs of goat cheese rolled in tarragon,rosemary, majoram, chives all chopped fin and served on evoo coated crostini, we also had mustard potato salad pasta and pesto with tomato on top, And dessert was soft serve ice cream from our new dispenser. It was great the kids loved it
kades

Back
Top Bottom