"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #31
Head Chef

Tonight is linguine with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, and asparagus in a chicken broth/white wine sauce. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano, of course!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #32
Certified Cake Maniac

TB decided he wants mac and cheese and a hot dog. Now this normally simple meal is made a little complicated when you are trying to feed someone who is intolerant to gluten, dairy, soy and a bunch of other things.

But he seems to like my version made with gluten free pasta, his version of cheese like product (today a mixture of "cheddar" and "mozza"), palm oil margarine and a little bit of coconut milk (not enough to taste, but makes it creamy). He likes it! As for the hot dog, Costco sells Polish dogs that are gluten, dairy and soy free and again he loves them.

I am having Kraft Dinner Deluxe, Velveeta and shells. I do a lot of gluten free, but pasta is one thing that I can't do - has to be regular or I can't swallow it. I would make myself a home made with my Balderson's 2 year old white cheddar, but I am not feeling up to making two scratch pastas.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #33
Master Chef

Creamy White Chicken Chili is simmering on the stove here. It's turned out extra good since I started adding some evaporated milk mixed with Masa Harina to the regular ingredients. Shredded jack cheese and cilantro will be the toppers, with toasted flour tortillas on the side. Ole'

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We had real food tonight. We ordered from Mr. Falafel - one chicken platter and one falafel platter, deelicous. I have no motivation, but Stirling said he will probably be willing to make Margaritas later. That will be our dessert. We're kinda full right now.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Take out is real food? I'm so confused, lol.

I thought cooking was real food here.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
TB decided he wants mac and cheese and a hot dog. Now this normally simple meal is made a little complicated when you are trying to feed someone who is intolerant to gluten, dairy, soy and a bunch of other things...

...I would make myself a home made with my Balderson's 2 year old white cheddar, but I am not feeling up to making two scratch pastas.
Have you tried any of the butternut squash cheese sauce recipes on him? Of course you's have to still use some of his "cheese" but it might be interesting to try out.

I hope Chief LW doesn't see your post about Balderson. It will set him to longing. I'm pretty sure he still hasn't found a place to get his fix since his last source failed him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Creamy White Chicken Chili is simmering on the stove here. It's turned out extra good since I started adding some evaporated milk mixed with Masa Harina to the regular ingredients. Shredded jack cheese and cilantro will be the toppers, with toasted flour tortillas on the side. Ole'
I'll have to give my daughter your tip, Kayelle. She just made white chicken chili tonight, it's one of their family faves. We love it - yours sounds over the top yummy.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I'll have to give my daughter your tip, Kayelle. She just made white chicken chili tonight, it's one of their family faves. We love it - yours sounds over the top yummy.
I think both of you will love the combo Cheryl. I add one part of Masa Harrina mixed with three or four parts evaporated milk at the end of cooking, and simmer enough to thicken nicely. Honestly, it makes all the difference in the world with Chicken Chili!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Take out is real food? I'm so confused, lol.

I thought cooking was real food here.
I guess I should have written "a real meal". I'm just not up for cooking and neither is Stirling.

On the other hand, the stuff that Mr. Falafel delivers is real food. I agree, most take out and delivery isn't "real food".

Stirling made the Margaritas. And now I'm having my second one.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Thank you Katie H...I saved that salmon recipe for when my green beans and cherry tomatoes come on (months away....sigh....).

It was a long day at work, so breakfast sounded good. Eggs in a Nest...a nice whole grain bread, fresh farm eggs and sharp cheddar. A slice of Cyrus O'Leary's Turtle Cheesecake later.

It was filling, but I find myself wanting chicken chili .

Tags
dinner