Dinner April 26, 2014. What will it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Seriously. What will it be? Mine that is. ;)
I haven't a clue, so if someone pops in with a good suggestion that catches my tummy's eye, I'll pick up the stuff and make it.

In the meantime if there are any early posters that have tonight's meal decided already, post away. Maybe something will look good to me.

Mine is decided.... We are going to Canada for Chinese, a group of ten of us will meet up. We could always make it eleven Pac, but you better get on the kite right now ;) ✈️

Mine is decided.... We are going to Canada for Chinese, a group of ten of us will meet up. We could always make it eleven Pac, but you better get on the kite right now ;) ✈️

No passport. I can't "get into" Canada anymore (that they know about). ;)

I found a recipe for leftover ham casserole. Going to give it a shot.

picxJEafO.jpg

Gee... great idea you have there, Andy. How did that pop in your head? :rolleyes:
Is has been a while though.

I'm more leaning along the lines of paella.

Where do you go, Bunny? In White Rock? There are a few good Chinese Restaurants there. We like one on 152nd and 64th (actually still Surrey) called "The Golden Panda". I always find it funny that we live so close to each other but are in separate countries! :)

We are either going out as we usually do on Saturdays or having chicken wings here, depending on how I am feeling. I had a better sleep thanks to the new medicine and so far my coughing has been kept to a minimum.

Pac - they won't let me in the states for the same reason (no passport). I guess I better hurry before our "honeymoon" cruise in September.

Apparently the 2-year-old has her own plans for dinner, but I was planning on mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans and if I'm ambitious enough to walk to the market and they have any, maybe a steak. I accidentally sent DH to work with the car that has the carseats in it, so if I'm not feeling like the walk with the Sproutlets, we'll have chicken.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398532054221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398532054221.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
LOL Sprout! :LOL:

--------------------------
I was planning on making fish tacos, but after seeing the leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge, I really should use that up. So chicken tacos it will be. Some kind of fruit for a side, probably pineapple and watermelon.

Thanks DC for all the suggestions :angel:

I decided to go with Paella.

Apparently the 2-year-old has her own plans for dinner...

:ROFLMAO: My niece, when she was 2, had a (female) baby doll she called Mr. Baby. Mr. Baby was also found in some strange places, including the microwave and the fridge. He/she never made it to the CP though.

Mrs. K and I seldom go out for burgers. Like never. After spending most of the day cleaning up the yard, we were both pretty tired. l asked what she wanted to do for dinner tonight. She said, "You know, I could go for a burger." I told her I didn't feel much like cooking. So we are going to try the new Smashburger that opened in the next town over. I've never eaten at one, but some friends told us it's pretty good.

Where do you go, Bunny? In White Rock? There are a few good Chinese Restaurants there. We like one on 152nd and 64th (actually still Surrey) called "The Golden Panda". I always find it funny that we live so close to each other but are in separate countries! :)

We are either going out as we usually do on Saturdays or having chicken wings here, depending on how I am feeling. I had a better sleep thanks to the new medicine and so far my coughing has been kept to a minimum.

Pac - they won't let me in the states for the same reason (no passport). I guess I better hurry before our "honeymoon" cruise in September.

Ah Laurie it's hard to find a good Chinese restaurant since "Chinatown" moved to Richmond! Lol! We used to love going downtown a couple of times a month to our favorite Chinatown restaurant called The New Diamond. Sadly it went the way of the dodo bird. We like a couple of places in Langley, the Fork and Chopstick (Walnut Grove area) and Flourishing, downtown Langley, in White Rock we sometimes go to the Bamboo Inn (mediocre) there used to be a place we went to about 30 years ago called King Louis, not sure if it's there anymore :). Tonight we are going to Abottsford one couple in our group Iives out there so it's our turn to go their direction. She has made a reservation at The Bamboo Palace. They claim it is good, so we will see :)
Do you have any recommendations for places?

Sorry everyone if we have hijacked the dinner thread :(. But it is about dinner ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom