"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Dinner August 10?

Anyone cooking tonight? I'm making chipolte chicken (grilled), baked fries, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and corn on the cob.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I have two chicken breasts sitting in the fridge... I have no idea what to do with them though. After the wonderful dinner we had last night, nothing sounds good enough.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Chili dogs w/ homemade chili at least. It's just going to be a microwave night since I didn't get dinner started this morning while it was cool.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
I have two chicken breasts sitting in the fridge... I have no idea what to do with them though. After the wonderful dinner we had last night, nothing sounds good enough.
Pds,
you could do a Milanesa, or a picatta, both are favorites around this house. Both start with pounding and breading, the Milenesa I do, my breading is just bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese,salt and pepper, saute the pounded chicken and I usually serve this as a sandwich with mashed avocado and garlic and mayo along with the usual lettuce, tomato, and red onion. The picatta is yummy with that white wine and lemon and capers..Emm neither is hard but both are yummy
kadesma
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
five karma points for Kadesma!! Thank you!!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Braised pork butt roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli with cheese sauce. I don't have to worry about the heat. It is only 18C/68F? here right now.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
Master Chef

Well, after remembering that Sizzlin had started a cheap meal thread, I looked and got several ideas. Constance gave me that idea of chipped beef.
I making chipped beef on egg noodles, some type of veggies and sourdough bread.

It was great, Constance!! I had beets and corn with mine, dh and ds had corn and green beans.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
Head Chef

I need to hit the grocery but I have plenty of eggs and farm produce. I'm going to make a frittata with bacon, new potatoes, onions, spinach, tomatoes and feta.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
Master Chef

That's great, Texas. Let me know how it turns out.

We're having grilled brats that Kim cooked when he did the steaks the other night. He likes to cook enough meat for a couple of meals when he has room.
I also have homegrown tomatoes now, so we'll be eating them in one form or another, either broiled or just sliced with a little fresh basil and a splash of Hendrickson's (an herb-seasoned white balsamic vinegar dressing).
I wonder how a slice of tomato would taste on a bratwurst sandwich?

Kim really doesn't like tomatoes unless they are cooked. But I had my foot cut on Monday, and it's really giving me fits today. On the other hand, how big a deal is it to broil tomatoes? I'll splash them with EVOO, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, basil, oregano, garlic, S&P, and a little freshly grated Parmagiano Reggiano. Or would you skip the garlic?
I have half a loaf of Texas Toast left from Kim making making French toast Sunday. I may toast some of that to use instead of buns for our sandwiches.

I think you all just helped me plan my meal!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Toots, the frittata sounds yummy. Or maybe I'm just partial to eggs in that form...

Tonight I'm making jicama sticks with a chili-lime dip as a starter, and then chicken and zucchini salads for dinner. There are noodles in the fridge, so I might heat those up too and mix them with some spinach.
But I guess technically I'm not cooking, unless I heat up the noodles, because there is no heat involved. The chicken's already cooked.