Dinner August 1st (aready!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
kinda a veggie nite here. buttery zucchini, carrot (those i'll batonnet if i get ambitious), trim broccoli & cauliflower into petite florets; blanch in stock/shock, then gently sautee in butter/salt/sage/pepper. or roast them.
i was puzzling over dinner beyond the veggies & VIOLA! soup!
i could make borstch or vichyssoise~ :) substantial enough for a dinner!

Good morning everyone,

It was nice sleeping in today, and I just had my second cup of coffee, so now it's time to start the day. I really need to get to the store for staples like, milk, bread, and butter, and to also pick up som chicken for dinner. Lots of laundry to get through too:(

So dinner will be grilled chicken on the bone, marinated in EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, soy, and oregano. On the side we'll have grilled zucchini and roasted red potatoes.

Enjoy the day:chef:

butterflied marinated leg of lamb on the grill
saute green and wax beans
fresh corn on the cob
hummus
tsadziki (sp)
feta
pita

We ended up having steak yesterday so I think we will be doing the "variations on hard cooked eggs" today instead. Will check back when I am sure.

Thanks, luvs, I can't serve toast to my Dad because of his throat condition - but the creamed eggs is a good suggestion. Haven't made them in awhile.

my oops, laurie; i was away, so while i was aware that your Dad was unwell, the circumstances & the specifics were unclear. both of you, be well. my love to yins both. :)

Ma's Sunday, were having a pot of beans, Kayelle's Chili Verde, tortillas, sliced tomatoes with evoo and homemade vinegar that the mother came from Italy In the 1800's corn bread with honey butter, firsts are salsa and chips. two apple tarts with apples from our trees.are our desserts. Will top the tarts with vanilla ice cream.
kades:)

I have a rack babyback pork ribs (seasoned rub on them overnite) wrapped in an air tight foil pouch in a 225 oven. In two hrs I'll take them out and slather them in "Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce" and return them to a hot oven for 20 min. to get them nice and crusty. My never fail, favorite way to prepare ribs!!
We'll have some of my chili beans from the freezer, and a salad of home grown tomatoes with avocados from our neighbor.Desert will be vanilla ice cream with sliced fresh peaches.
:chef:

PS. We must have been posting at the same time, Kades! I'm flattered that you're doing my Chili Verde tonight.....enjoy!:)

Last edited:
I have a rack babyback pork ribs (seasoned rub on them overnite) wrapped in an air tight foil pouch in a 225 oven. In two hrs I'll take them out and slather them in "Jack Daniel's Barbecue Sauce" and return them to a hot oven for 20 min. to get them nice and crusty. My never fail, favorite way to prepare ribs!!
We'll have some of my chili beans from the freezer, and a salad of home grown tomatoes with avocados from our neighbor.Desert will be vanilla ice cream with sliced fresh peaches.
:chef:

PS. We must have been posting at the same time, Kades! I'm flattered that you're doing my Chili Verde tonight.....enjoy!:)
We will. Every time one of the gang goes by the stove they get a fork or spoon and grab a bit:LOL: It is so good we all love it.Thanks again
kades;)

We had:
Java Encrusted NY Strip Steak
Glamorous Glennis Potatoes
Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob

For dessert:
Elvis Presley's Pound Cake w/ Fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream.

dinner73110.JPG

sauted some zuchini, yellow squash, green and purple peppers, onion, and garlic with some evoo and served it all over elbow macaroni with some fresh basil on the top.

sauted some zuchini, yellow squash, green and purple peppers, onion, and garlic with some evoo and served it all over elbow macaroni with some fresh basil on the top.

Yum! Simple and healthy. I will have to remember that.:chef:

Thanks! I love cooking in the summer with fresh veg from the farmer's markets.

What a gorgeous plate full of food .40!! Come on now, partner, you gotta share the recipe for those Glamorous Glennis Potatoes....and there must be a story too! :brows:

What a gorgeous plate full of food .40!! Come on now, partner, you gotta share the recipe for those Glamorous Glennis Potatoes....and there must be a story too! :brows:

The dish is named after Chuck Yeager's Bell X-1 rocket plane. This was the first aircraft to break the sound barrier. My better half said these were "high flying" potatoes and the name stuck.

Glamorus Glennis Potatoes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients:

1 package dry form crab boil (recommended: Zatarain's)
3 lbs. red potatoes
1 package real bacon bits, 4 ounce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 lb. butter, at room temperature
1/2 lb. finely shredded Cheddar
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Fill a 6-quart pot 2/3 full of water; add the crab boil and mix until blended. Cut the potatoes in half and slice into 3/8-inch thick pieces. (This can be done ahead of time; cover the potatoes with ice water until ready to cook.) Add the potatoes to the pot. Bring water to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork-tender.

While the potatoes are cooking add olive oil to a saute pan on medium heat, then add red onions. Cook until caramelized. Just before onions are done, add garlic and cook until lightly brown.

In a bowl, place butter, 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the bacon bits, 1/2 the green onions, the cooked red onions and garlic, cayenne, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix together thoroughly.

Strain potatoes and add to bowl; let stand for a few minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Fold ingredients together, trying not to break up the potatoes excessively. Top with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.

Check seasonings and adjust to taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom