Dinner "Australia Day" 26th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Australia Day Kylie. My understanding is it's a legal holiday Monday too. So there's still time for Everyone to fire up the barbie !! :LOL:

I had leftover chili stew from yesterday Minus the cornmeal biscuits on top. Drop Biscuits tasted ok, I think I prefer regular buttermilk biscuits and cornbread on the side better. It was a worthwhile experiment. :angel:

Attachments

• Au flag.jpg
    Au flag.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 51
Thanks so much Kay :)

Yes, we certainly do get into over here I must admit :LOL:

Yes, tomato sauce, we have ketchup too, but mainly tommie sauce :)

The canned tomato sauce is called Tomato Puree here :)

Kylie, so when I requested ketchup and the waitress said she would bring me some tomato sauce, she actually said tommie sauce, and I heard it wrong? Whatever it's called, it tasted like our ketchup. Interesting! I love all the different English language words for things all over the world.

Last edited:
happy ozzie day, kylie!!!

i guess i'm kinda late for yesterday for you guys, but i'm early for monday!!!

in either case, oi, oi, oi :)

dw went to a friend's seance/exorcism (her hubby died a coupla years ago under bad circumstances, and recently there's been strange goings on in her house, so she invited over her coven, er, i mean girl friends and some kind of priestess person for a ritual. :angel:
i did get to have some fun with it and freak dw out by taking it really seriously, quietly and repeatedly warning her that such amateurs shouldn't mess with things they didn't understand...lol)

so my boy and i made buffalo cheese burgers using "monster" cheese. (muenster :D)

but the really scary part was that we tried two new flavours of pringles chips and liked them. they were extreme blazin' buffalo wing, and pizza flavoured.

ok, we didn't really like them that much, but we were hungry. :pig:

Kylie, so when I requested ketchup and the waitress said she would bring me some tomato sauce, she actually said tommie sauce, and I heard it wrong? Whatever it's called, it tasted like our ketchup. Interesting! I love all the different English language words for things all over the world.

There is a book titled "The Story of English" about this sort of thing. My husband owned it for years, I think it was taken from an old PBS/BBC series in the 70s. The blind friend I read to a couple times a week loves words and their origins, so when I realized I didn't own the book any more I went to Amazon and found it. We really enjoyed it (I am a bit of an etymologist myself).

Happy Australia Day Kylie. My understanding is it's a legal holiday Monday too. So there's still time for Everyone to fire up the barbie !! :LOL:

Thanks very much Whisk :)

Yes it is a public holiday here today (Monday) too...we are actually go to the chippie and having fish and chips today, sort of Aussie I guess :LOL:

Thanks Tom :)

That made me laugh, the "coven" bit, so funny :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like you had a bit of fun with it all ;)

happy ozzie day, kylie!!!

i guess i'm kinda late for yesterday for you guys, but i'm early for monday!!!

in either case, oi, oi, oi :)

dw went to a friend's seance/exorcism (her hubby died a coupla years ago under bad circumstances, and recently there's been strange goings on in her house, so she invited over her coven, er, i mean girl friends and some kind of priestess person for a ritual. :angel:
i did get to have some fun with it and freak dw out by taking it really seriously, quietly and repeatedly warning her that such amateurs shouldn't mess with things they didn't understand...lol)

so my boy and i made buffalo cheese burgers using "monster" cheese. (muenster :D)

but the really scary part was that we tried two new flavours of pringles chips and liked them. they were extreme blazin' buffalo wing, and pizza flavoured.

ok, we didn't really like them that much, but we were hungry. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom