Dinner "Australia Day" 26th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Good evening guys :)

For our dinner tonight we are having a meat pie and chips...cant get much more Aussie than that ;)

Homemade beef mince meat pie with homemade oven chips :yum:

Happy Australia Day. My niece's boyfriend is from Australia and has been working here for a couple of months now. He is looking forward to celebrating today. I was in Sydney 14 years ago for the Australia Day celebrations. Stayed in a hotel overlooking the harbor. What a great time it was...have fun!!

Today, I am taking my daughter and her friend to the city to hang out at a few sopping malls. Stopping at 5 Guys on the way home. Haven't had a greasy burger in a while...

Last edited:
Yip, happy Ausie day! I've been doing monthly shopping, cleaning................................
Very tired, hot and bothered.

Just Reuben Sandwiches tonight.

It's hubby's B-day tomorrow so I must make a big roast dinner.

Leftovers for me today. I'm going to finish off the creamed chicken and the piccata. One will be lunch, one dinner.

Happy Australian Day! I haven't decided what's on the table tonight, yet. It will be something simple because I'm by myself and plan on cooking the pork roast, etc., tomorrow. And, I have to cook two pots of dried beans I've been soaking. Once I get the kitchen cleaned up again, I might just settle for some popcorn with curry powder on top and watch a movie.

I'm going to make two things today. We are expecting stormy weather tomorrow so there is always the potential for power outages. For some reason Hawaii has not yet put their power lines underground so they are always prone to outages.

First, I'll make a slow, oven roasted Brisket with some BBQ sauce. That will be shredded and served on buns with cole slaw on the side.

Next I'm going to make Vituata's pressure cooker ribs and kraut. That sounds so good and I'm in a kraut mood. Then if the power goes out tomorrow I'll just reheat on the burner part of the outdoor grill.

Going to Soccer game for grandsons then coming home and starting Ma's Sunday goodies. Sopas,broccoli salad, bread,cake, wish me luck with the sopas.
kades

I've got boneless/skinless chicken thighs thawing in BBQ sauce. We will have them with onion rings and probably frozen California Blend vegetables (or broccoli). :yum::yum:

happy australia day, kylie, and all of our other australian friends! do you celebrate with outdoor picnics, and fireworks after dark, too? enjoy the holiday! i'm joining you in celebration with a glass of merlot and a toast to hearty, good health to all you lovely mates!:)

Last edited:
I took some shredded chicken out of the freezer and hope to make chicken pot pie with it. The other option is leftovers. There's half a meatloaf and some mac and cheese.

happy australia day, kylie, and all of our other australian friends! do you celebrate with outdoor picnics, and fireworks after dark, too? enjoy the holiday! i'm joining you in celebration with a glass of merlot and a toast to hearty, good health to all you lovely mates!:)

Thank you so much V xx

We dont do fireworks but a lot of people do, lots of fireworks, lots of BBQ's and lots of alcohol....we leave all that for all the party animals :LOL:

Happy Australia Day Kylie! We were there on this day a couple of years ago and you folks sure do know how to celebrate. We had such a good time! This was our lunch that day. We ordered a "basket of shrimp" never dreaming they would come like this..:rolleyes: I wanted ketchup for my fries but found out then that you call it tomato sauce. Never did learn what you must call plain tomato sauce in a can.
GetAttachment.aspx

Tonight we are grilling some rib eye steaks and sides of baked potatoes, green beans with onions and bacon, and garlic toast.

I know it is over for you now Kylie (and all other Aussies!). But Happy Australia Day. Hope it was a great one! :)

Thanks so much Kay :)

Yes, we certainly do get into over here I must admit :LOL:

Yes, tomato sauce, we have ketchup too, but mainly tommie sauce :)

The canned tomato sauce is called Tomato Puree here :)

Happy Australia Day Kylie! We were there on this day a couple of years ago and you folks sure do know how to celebrate. We had such a good time! This was our lunch that day. We ordered a "basket of shrimp" never dreaming they would come like this..:rolleyes: I wanted ketchup for my fries but found out then that you call it tomato sauce. Never did learn what you must call plain tomato sauce in a can.
GetAttachment.aspx

Tonight we are grilling some rib eye steaks and sides of baked potatoes, green beans with onions and bacon, and garlic toast.

Back
Top Bottom