Dinner bell's ringing - June 3 Sun.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I have a brisket in the oven. It's my first time cooking one. I'm using the rub I usually use on a pork butt for BBQ. Hope it comes out okay. I found it in the freezer when I defrosted yesterday. Not sure yet what sides will be. We'll see what happens with the meat first!

I'm going to butterfly a chicken and toss it on the grill. I think rice pilaf and green beans will go along with it.

I will make meatloaf for supper tonight. We will have either cauliflower or asparagus with it. For dessert we will have strawberries with French vanilla ice cream. :yum:

Fajitas for me tonight, cooked on the grill. I'll be using the leftover steak from last night, red & green bell pepppers and onions.

we got in our baseball game today before the rain (my boy went 0 fer 2 with a walk, an r.b.i., and a great defensive play at shortstop saving a run), and then had a pitching clinic, so we're going out for dinner: korean bbq.. bulgogi, sae woo gui, dak gui, and of course, banchan.

A lovely piece of London broil will be introduced to our still-hew gas grill. Glenn's son gave us a huge trash bag-size bag of fresh romaine out of his garden yesterday, so there'll definitely be a salad and I'm thinking I NEED some corn-on-the-cob. There's still plenty in the freezer left from last summer's garden. We'll wash it all down with iced tea and, a bit lazy, vanilla pudding for dessert.

My hands have been killing me the last several days and cooking is not the easiest thing to do, so I have been taking the easiest way out.

Was gonna bake a pizza, but weather is to hot and humid; so we're having pretty much the same as yesterday- spaghetti & meatballs, a mixed leafy green salad with sweet red peppers, and then, before bedtime, 4 or 5 ounces of strawberry ice cream.

Grilled Burritos

For these, first I laid down a good sprinkling of cheddar cheese on microwave softened flour tortillas. , then a dollop of baked beans (they are kind of chile - molasses-ey, so that’s all right), then some diced boneless pork ribs ( I think they were odd sized pork loin cuts, and are pretty tender) . Finally some jalapenos which I wasn’t too careful about seeding, which spiffed these babies right up, a sprinkle of dice onion and another layer of shredded cheese across the top. Rolled them up as tight as possible and glued them shut with some bean drippings. Then I transferred them to the gas grill for some quick heating hopefully all the way through and come off the grill branded with grill marks like range cattle way out west -- before the tortillas got over cooked. I made Two, and am now as stuffed as they were. And yes, the tortillas got a little crisp. Hence, it was a good thing to have a little sour cream and Herdez Hot sauce on hand. I guess this is a good description about using up leftovers: Finger lickin’ good.:yum:

They just got in a shipment of beautiful copperhead salmon yesterday at the store, so I grilled up a few fillets tonight. No extravagant seasonings, just a little salt, pepper, and olive oil.

On the side we had a spinach salad tossed with hot bacon dressing. I used to make those all the time, but could never get our daughter to try it, due to her intense hatred of spinach. Tonight I just about fell over when she asked if I would make her one, too. She tried it and declared it delicious. The girl is growing up! :)

Tossed a few chicken breasts in the oven (seasoned with some smoked paprika, S&P), frozen green beans, and coleslaw. Finished off that fabulous chocolate ice cream for dessert.

The weather was foul here so the chicken thighs I was going to BBQ went into a Biryani. The first pic is the thighs in the yogurt and spice mix.2nd pic is with the part cooked basmati. 3rd pic is the cooked Biri.:yum:
img_1145504_0_fc206f42fecfd89be304ae41510768ba.jpg

img_1145504_1_33a52749c976dec44df5c4d667215b57.jpg

img_1145504_2_1b3ea8f45e0d6c755852a297da8084ef.jpg

I marinated a sliced red onion and yellow squash from the garden in evoo, red wine vinegar, Italian herbs and S&P, then grilled them with some Italian sausage and corn on the cob. I cut the corn off the cob and cut the rest into bite-sized pieces, then mixed it all with rotini and sprinkled it with pickled banana peppers, more evoo and some hot sauce. Delish.

Back
Top Bottom