Dinner Chewsday, March 4, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have an 8# roasting chicken that will be filled with a bread stuffing. Also roasting a big pan of root and dense veggies. I can pick from carrots, kohlrabi, butternut squash, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts. What goes in will be a gametime decision. Might make a salad, might not.

What do you plan on chowing down on later? Later, that is, unless you've already eaten dinner today.

Tonight is a Tomato meat sauce with mushrooms & onions on pasta. Started it yesterday and figured it was time to eat it.

I plan on something with chicken. Not sure just yet what it will be. If I have some Swiss cheese I may do my mushroom Swiss chicken. It might be crusty Parmesan chicken. We'll see what happens come dinner time.

Turkey Pasta with some of last summer's Pesto tossed with jarred artichokes, olives, broccoli, onion, extra parm; and a sliced tomato on the side.

Like Taxxy's soup, I think it needs something crispy. Maybe herbed pita toasts. I do not have any, maybe she does.

I spelunked a couple turkey breast halves from the freezer that I don't recall cooking, and was considering making turkey tacos, but I found some frozen corn from this summer and decided on turkey chili instead. Tasting really good right now! And I made some rhubarb sauce.

Last edited:
I'm looking for inspiration. Maybe http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/roasted-root-vegi-bisque-87840.html#post1318848. But, what should I serve with it?

I'm thinking thick slices of crusty bread, maybe dipped in some seasoned EVOO? At least I'd like it that way. If I pick up a loaf of bread now I can be there around midnight. ;)
I changed my mind about the kind of soup. I am experimenting. It's a soup with Italian sausage. I think I better dig that bread out of the freezer. You're welcome here, even at midnight.

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy :)
That worked really well. We had a plate of freshly grated parm and just dipped the bread in that after letting the excess oil run off. The oil was seasoned with oregano, basil, garlic powder, and fish sauce. :ermm::LOL: (Fish sauce can perk up lots of stuff.)

The soup turned out really delicious. So, after we started eating it I decided to take pix.

33814-albums294-picture5855.jpg

Last edited:
Baked potatoes with sour cream, chopped bacon, green onions, grated 4 Cheese and lots and lots of butter. Sliced cucumbers on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom