Dinner Chewsday, March 4, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That worked really well. We had a plate of freshly grated parm and just dipped the bread in that after letting the excess oil run off. The oil was seasoned with oregano, basil, garlic powder, and fish sauce. :ermm::LOL: (Fish sauce can perk up lots of stuff.)

The soup turned out really delicious. So, after we started eating it I decided to take pix.

Great, I'm glad you liked it, and I like the idea of dipping the bread in just cheese after the seasoned oil. I'm going to steal it ;) Your dinner looks delicious.

Last edited:
39817-albums888-picture5856.jpg
Blackened Catfish, Chipolte pinto beans over rice cooked in chicken stock,onion & lime zest.

Great, I'm glad you liked it, and I like the idea of dipping the bread in just cheese after the seasoned oil. I'm going to steal it ;) Your dinner looks delicious.
Thank you. Yeah, dipping the bread in the cheese was very cheesy. ;)

I was actually inspired to make that soup by your post with the German sausage soup recipe. I didn't have any appropriate sausage for that, so I winged it.

We had Italian meatloaf, rice pilaf and steamed cauliflower. I always "wing" my meatloaf, but this one was a little different and really good. Plenty of leftovers too. I ?meatloaf !

Grilled pork chops and something.
Would I find "something" in the produce department, or is that more of a grocery item? :huh:

Veggies turned out to be roasted Brussels sprouts; beets I found in the fridge that had been cooked, peeled and cubed for "another day" (that turned out to be today); and green beans that were using up room. I sauteed some mushrooms in butter to top the green beans. The chicken was so big Himself kept calling it a turklette. :LOL:

Any suggestions for what to season the EVOO with?
GG beat me to it:
Dried Italian herbs and salt, or granulated garlic, freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan, or a good balsamic vinegar and S&P.
I have a small cylinder of seasonings that is divided into four wedges. Each section has a different mix of herbs. Some include cheese. One has, among other things, rosemary and Romano cheese. One has bits of sun dried tomato added to basil and other herbs. They're all good.

I threw Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, grated ginger, thai pepper, lemongrass, garlic, onion, and tofu in tangerine juice, thickened it with cornstarch, added some rice noodles and called it good to go. A sort-of noodle pot.

GG beat me to it:

I have a small cylinder of seasonings that is divided into four wedges. Each section has a different mix of herbs. Some include cheese. One has, among other things, rosemary and Romano cheese. One has bits of sun dried tomato added to basil and other herbs. They're all good.

I have that seasoning too CG. I first found it at TJ Maxx, and when I finished it and couldn't find It again, I had to look for it online. It's great seasoning for dips and pastas ;)

Back
Top Bottom