Dinner: Christmas is too close to Tuesday 11/18/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight I am going to make myself a baked seasoned chicken thigh along with a baked potato. No sense in wasting all that heat on just the chicken. The thigh is rubbed with Greek olive oil and seasoned with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. The potato will have a small pat of butter and more butter for the skin. I can't leave the skin there and waste it. Too many nutrients. :angel:

Boiling up a turnip because DH brought a couple home yesterday. We'll also finish up the pork chops in kraut and apples. There are a few more leftovers in the fridge in case that's not enough.

Boiling up a turnip because DH brought a couple home yesterday. We'll also finish up the pork chops in kraut and apples. There are a few more leftovers in the fridge in case that's not enough.

I think if I cleaned out the fridge, I would have a lot more room. Thanks for the reminder. :angel:

So this is the dinner thread? The title confused me.

I think we're going to have breakfast burritos tonight, and some tomato soup.

I like Spam, and found this at the grocery today. Who knew? :zorro:

img_1398517_0_6b5b08fe52790d4b3417e77c66b43ca4.jpg

This really interests me, K. (I like Spam too). Will have to seek it!

... but back to our regularly scheduled program...

I made up a batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie bars with
dried Cherries packed in them

cookey 003.jpg

cookey 004.JPG

cookey 006.JPG

Packed them up a ziptop (I put some of those pillows that are
in the pill bottles to wick away what moisture we have here
in the middle of the desert) and then into a
cute can for next week too.

This really interests me, K. (I like Spam too). Will have to seek it!

The Chorizo Spam has good authentic flavor without any "nasty bits" found in the real stuff. Diced up the spam and fried it good before adding the beat up eggs. Sprinkled the stove toasted flour tortillas with grated cheese mixed with chopped green onion and cilantro, and wrapped them up with the egg mix. Easy peasy

So this is the dinner thread? The title confused me....
Me too Kayelle! I get the chance to visit DC while we're vacationing and had to look in the "Today's Menu" forum list to actually find today's menu. :wacko:

We decided to start celebrating our anniversary early. Went to the nearby Bahama Breeze (thought of you and SO, Andy) and caught the late-night early-bird specials - basically the apps and drinks that are featured from 4-6 are reprised from 8-10. I guess they could be called Night-Owl specials? :huh:

Himself got a "Pain Killer" and I got a Mojito. Both yummy. His would be perfect as a dessert drink. We split two apps, Coconut Shrimp, and Shrimp and Lobster Quesadillas. Then we nibbled our dinners. He got Paella, I got Key West shrimp and cheesy grits. Most of those will be dinner in the hotel Friday night when we start our trek back home.

Oh yeah, we did split a Pain Killer as dessert. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom