Dinner considerations for Monday 5-22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Donno. I made bbq for dd and her family and it's 'crockin' right now. tri tip steaks in bbq sauce. we have our drive home but to the boat dock first.

Anyone cooking tonight?

I'm making the same as Kimbaby, pork chops, and maybe some potatoe pancakes and some other veggie.

We had beef stroganoff last night and tonight we had Italian chicken, cheese tortellini and salad.

leftovers, here. I cooked all weekend, so I'm not complaining. We'll have pork chops & stuffing with spaghetti primavera with fresh asparagus.

we had asparagus and potatoes with melted butter and Sauce hollandaise...
ulle.gif

i used my crock pot for the first time to make bbq ribs.

i worked a midnight shift, so when i got home, i put the pork spare rib rack (with membrane removed) under the broiler for about 10 minutes total on each side. then the ribs were cut up, and layered with onions, about 1/4 cup of water, and a bottle of kraft honey bbq sauce. i set it on low, played with my boy for a few hours to let dw catch a few extra winks, then i finally passed out.

about 7 hours later, the ribs were done, falling off the bone. they were very good, extremely tender, but it was a little on the dry side and needed another layer of flavor. so next time i'll let the ribs marinate overnight in a dry rub, broil them a little less, and i'm gonna try sweet baby ray's honey bbq sauce.

Last night I made fresh "Tagliatelle with Meat Bolognese Sauce" from one of my favorite pasta cookbooks The Classic Pasta Cookbook, by Giuliano Hazan (son of Italian cooking diva Marcella Hazan).

This time, however, instead of the ground turkey I normally use, I substituted some bulk Italian turkey sausage. Equally delicious!!

BreezyCooking said:
Last night I made fresh "Tagliatelle with Meat Bolognese Sauce" from one of my favorite pasta cookbooks The Classic Pasta Cookbook, by Giuliano Hazan (son of Italian cooking diva Marcella Hazan).

This time, however, instead of the ground turkey I normally use, I substituted some bulk Italian turkey sausage. Equally delicious!!

I, too, have that cookbook. I've read it cover to cover.

Back
Top Bottom