"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Dinner considerations for this evening 3/8

Here, it'll be leftover Filet Mignon roast, sliced thin, served cold on the plate, with a green salad, tomato slices and oil and vinegar s&p, cooked sliced thin and peeled potatoe drizzled in viniagarette dressing and a plate of barely boiled fresh string beans with sliced almonds on top. Tonight, maybe we'll actually cut into that apple cobbler I made for dinner last night that we each took exactly one bite out of just to taste, too full from the MaidRites.

You cookin? If so, whatcha makin?

Old 03-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Head Chef

It'll be something quick for us - we've spent the last two days hoping that we don't get a call telling us to get across the state to Grand Rapids ASAP. As such, we've been going the quick meal route. Maybe we'll do bacon and eggs tonight.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We have a neighborhood meeting tonight at our place.
I'll make cookies for everyone and if Paulies still hungry and wants some dinner
I think I'll make him a grilled cheese sandwich.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
Sous Chef

I promised my son's girlfriend I would make her Rachael Rays Balsamic glazed chicken with smoked mozzarella- only I'm using my own garlic rice pilaf recipe-might not take 30 minutes but, it tastes good!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
Executive Chef

who knows? I made a massive amount of mac & cheese a couple days ago, so that I'd have something to send with dh to work and have something to eat myself. But, dairy and having a cold just don't go together. Can I freeze it? I do have pasta, romano and some good marinara. It will be easy and one handed cooking, I'll be holding Callum with the other arm. I sure would like a pizza, but the 5 minute drive seems too ominous.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Cora... you need someone to come make you some good homemade chicken soup!!! Wish I was just a little closer!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Thanks pds! I wish you lived closer too!
...and not just because I'd like some soup.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Wish you lived closer too corazon. I'd cook up an awsome meal for you and your little ones.

I will be making some cream of broccoli soup and throw in some chicken in it and serve it on a bed of white rice. I'm cooking some pinto beans in the crock pot so I'll figure out what to do with them tomorrow. Have a nice dinner everyone!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
baked pork chops tonight..
Old 03-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm marinating halal lamb steaks in garlic, red onion, and evoo, so i'll probably have those tonight, broiled or grilled. dw went out for lunch, so she said that she'll have the turkey meatloaf that i made last night tonight since she really isn't a fan of lamb, except lollipop lamb chops (frenched lamb rib chops).

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote