Dinner Dec 5th! Post it here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pasta putanesca: pancetta, olives capers anchiovies, onion garlic, tomatoes, a few chili flakes, salt and pepper, basil chiffonade. omg it is sooooooo good :)

Well, I was going to make Kathleen eggs and toast and taters.. she ordered Chinese food instead.

chicken -n- rice soup

good for a cold night

This was our dinner. I thought it turned out pretty tasty, since I threw it together at the last minute.

img_1080172_0_7a3afb817644a07b4556aed6000e84c1.jpg

for dessert... sugar-free chocolate ice cream.

Last edited:
I cooked Lomo Saltadol last night for the first time if you like steak and fries this is food of the gods.
Pud was a shop bought chrimbo pud from the jan sales with brandy sauce. I slept like a baby last night, the washing machine is on:rolleyes:

Thanks Daw :^)

ooh, chicken & rice soup. I haven't made that in ages.

I haven't had wings and tacos on the same night in a while. They really hit the spot. Especially with the sticky sweet wing glaze.

Turkey Soup:
View attachment 12537

Apple Sauce Spice Cake with Apple Cider Butter Cream Frosting:
View attachment 12538

Beautiful, MsM. Between your lunch and dinner I think I want to move in! :)

Feel well soon, Bucky T. :flowers: Maybe you should have some of Patty's turkey soup!

Patty, both of those sound and look great! Do you have a recipe posted for the cake?

OH MY this all looks so good!!

Pac that plate is a work of art!! Nice picture, I love the colors.

We were late getting home (I got lost :wacko:).

So, Dad, who hasn't been hungry lately and ate a big breakfast and lunch, decided that he would just have his 3:00 beer and cheese for dinner.

I was going to have macaroni, but didn't want to cook it for just me so I am having an old favourite from my childhood. Creamed mushrooms on toast! I just make a bechmel, and add sauted mushrooms to it. In the old days it was canned mushrooms, but now I only use fresh! :chef:
Sounds yummy.

This was our dinner. I thought it turned out pretty tasty, since I threw it together at the last minute.

img_1080204_0_7a3afb817644a07b4556aed6000e84c1.jpg

for dessert... sugar-free chocolate ice cream.
YUMMY!! Is that chicken soup with rice? I like brown rice in my chicken soup.

Pac that plate is a work of art!! Nice picture, I love the colors.

And I like eating all those colors :LOL:

Thanks, MsM.
BTW, do you have that hot dog thing you make posted here? The one with the spaghetti sauce or something?
I've got some dogs to use up and would like to make this tonight.

And I like eating all those colors :LOL:

Thanks, MsM.
BTW, do you have that hot dog thing you make posted here? The one with the spaghetti sauce or something?
I've got some dogs to use up and would like to make this tonight.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I had to write it up and post it.
Here you go. Is this the one? Enjoy and let me know if you like it.

Ms Mofet's Hot dogs with tomato & onions (click for recipe)

Last edited:
That soup does look delish....I like to put so much rice in mine that you can walk on it. It ends up looking like porridge with carrots:LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

Thanks, Rock! Yeah, I looked at mine after it's been in the fridge overnight. It could be porridge. I'm going to have to add alittle water and bouillon.

I didn't have any brown rice, just long-grain white rice. I baked that in the oven. I also cooked the carrots, celery and onion in the oven. The chicken, broth, bay leaves were in a sauce pot on the stove. That was the only way I could get everything pulled together fast. I wish the pic could have been better, but it tasted good.

Oven BBQ Chicken Wings

This is what we're having for dinner tonight. Living in Spain at this time of the year the bbq is only used at lunch times - the evenings are very dark and chilly. So we have invented the oven bbq. We love this recipe as it is so quick and easy...and great healthy food for the winter evenings with fantastic flavours. Serve with baked potato, salad and eaten in front of a roaring log fire with some nice vino.:yum:
Chicken Wings Recipe - Healthy, spicy Mediterrnean tastes and Crispy Skin Aromas

Back
Top Bottom