Dinner Eats.....June 23, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Scallops and roasted veggies again. :)

img_1370696_0_0166199ac841bd29d414e2ec121faaf4.jpg

I grilled a pork tenderloin seasoned with Weber's Kickin' Chicken seasoning, roasted red potatoes and green beans.

We went out to a neighbourhood family restaurant. I had fettuccine with mushrooms and broccoli and a Caesar salad. TB had a seafood quinoa salad which had prawns and halibut. Both were delicious.

Chicken fried steak, squash casserole, mashed taters and gravy.

Last night was chicken breast cutlets done fajita-style -- briefly marinated, seared, then finished in the oven -- with pan-sauteed beet spinach greens. Tonight will be a wrap with the left-overs.

I'm sorry you ran into the "Chili Purists"...they may not put beans in their chili, but they are sure enough full of them.

I put all kinds of beans in chili--garbanzo beans, black beans, kidney beans, white kidney beans (white chili). When I make chili with pork, I leave out the beans (or I cheat and make a puree of them and add them back). Chili can be whatever you want it to be, IMO. I have black beans to add to my everything but the kitchen sink for lunch today (Tuesday).

Oh, I had a grilled lamb chop and grilled romaine lettuce last night. The 2nd lamb chop is sliced and going in that salad for lunch today.

For our actual 30th anniversary dinner, we had a yummy grilled dinner and ate out back on the patio. New York strip steak with chimichurri sauce, corn on the cob, and onion and zucchini. It was accompanied by a nice bottle of Prosecco - I added Frangelico to mine, as I like it sweet - and store-bought tuxedo cake for dessert.

Hit the wrong button and then couldn't add a picture to my previous post. Last night's dinner:

Attachments

• 1403637499812.jpg
    1403637499812.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 160
Back
Top Bottom