Dinner Feb 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making the DH some comfort food. Short ribs, mashed tators and sauteed green beans.

I have to transit into Vancouver this afternoon (a minimum 3 hour round trip for a 1/2 hour appointment) and won't be back in time for dinner let alone to cook it. So, I gave DH some ideas for him and the border and I am going to get something in town.... probably at my favourite sushi restaurant!

Pla Duk Tod Krob Phat Phed

Should be interesting.

Crispy Catfish curry over either Jasmine or Basmati rice.

It's Wednesday dinner-out night. We're going to a steak and seafood place. Not sure yet what I'm going to have, but I love their rosemary yeast rolls.

will panee a couple of fillets of bass that I caught this morning and put some leftover crawfish ettoufee over them and brabant potatoes

Comfort food night for us with all the snow, so it will be meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn or broccoli.

I prepared flounder fillets , dipped in egg and panko , fried them. Also cauliflour , dipped in egg and panko and fried. Baby spinach was blanched. On the plate, I gave the fish a splash of pear infused white balsamic vinegar. I know the fried food is not so healthy but we don't eat fried food often. I usually make one dish skillet meals , and pasta and baked chicken.

My son (10yrs old) decided he wanted to cook tonight, dug through the freeser and found some sausage meat. We defrosted this and he made sausage meat balls in tomato sauce (he decided to use a jarred sauce) and served it with pasta.

I hear ya Amber. I moved more snow today than I have all winter.

I think I'm going to make the same thing I had last night for dinner; Frozen pork chops put in the pressure cooker with onions, a little water and some barbeque sauce, and a baked potato rubbed with EVOO, s & p, and fresh garlic.... wrapped in foil. And something green.
It came out so well last night we need an encore :)

Gonna have a sort of Tex-Mex macaroni/ground beef/tomatoes dish and a green salad. Will probably finish the shoofly pie for dessert.

The entree was prepared some time ago and was in the freezer. I like freezer meal days. Sooo easy. Easy enough that I made tomorrow's soup today. I like that better because the flavors have a chance to blend and get "happy."

Today is leftover pea and parsley soup night. It was really good the first night, and I'm hoping it will be even better today.

I had fondue with my daughter, she really enjoyed and it went well since is very cold in Michigan tonight.
Emmental and Comte with French bread and some veggies like broccoli, sweet peas and roasted mushrooms.

Thawed bean soup... I thought it was chili but...I was wrong. I should really start paying more attention.

WE went out tonight..The kitchen is almost finished, the counters are so beautiful and the back splash tuscan tiles were put up today..Now all I need is the new gas stove top installed and I can start having some fun..:LOL:Did bake a very large peach cobbler to take to the dialysis center tomorrow..I so enjoy treating them, they are wonderful people...Anywho, we went to afavorite Mexican place..I just had a bowl of their wonderful chicken soup..DH, had the works..Oh to get use to carrying all this fluid around and be able to eat right again..
kades

Back
Top Bottom