Dinner, February 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicity

Sous Chef
I haven't started this thread before.

I'm having a late lunch with a friend at a Hunan restuarant. Leftovers for dinner. What are your plans?

Since it's been so beautiful and since DH tore out the cooktop to put in the new one, we are grilling, hamburgers, hot dogs, with the works to go on them. Then we have potatoe salad, Macaroni salad,chips a platter with watermelon and cantaloupe and some grapes...Have ice cream cone cups I'm filling with vanilla ice cream then topping with their choice of syrups, nuts,bananas whipped cream and even cherries for the top daughters are each bringing a starter and i've no idea what they will be.
kadesma;)

Not sure on the main dish yet, but got some corn ears to grill and perhaps some buttered egg noodles with farmers cheese! Ok... I'll figure out what is going on the grill with my corn ears!!!

Still trying to shake this flu. Suppose to see my friend today & celebrate her B-day (mine coming up) & the end of the writers' guild strike. Have no appetite, but would be so happy to see my friend... & there's presidents' day sales out there ;)

We have too much in the frig that are leftover, plus more leftover in the freezer. Since hubster said why don't we just eat leftovers, we're going to. But that was last night before being up all night with tummy blues and our Siberian talking alllllllllll night!:LOL::LOL:
We have the baked desserts too from the last few days.
I have the marinating chicken in freezer in a freezer bag with the Jerk marinade that it's swimming in. I'l make that tomorrow night. READ DOWN< OR NOT!:( It'll have to wait until his tummy settles down.:(

Hope this thread gets combined. Sorry to the other person, didn't see your thread first...

newsflash, DH just awakened. Said he was up all night with the dinner tummy blahs. His AR acting up due to the yummy chili I suppose. So, tonight he's asked for no spice, no nothing offensive to his tummy. I said okay, then what do you want? He said, oven baked fried chicken, mashed pots with gravy and more string beans in butter, period. Okay, that's what we'll have then.:wacko:

I haven't started this thread before.

I'm having a late lunch with a friend at a Hunan restuarant. Leftovers for dinner. What are your plans?

Well, ya' did it like a pro!!!! :flowers:

I think I might be making some potato soup - with pancetta or bacon, and maybe some leaks and kale too! Or maybe cauliflower soup now that I think about it - I think my husband requested that this week.

Was going to making spaghetti, but decided on leftovers - will make ground round patties, W/portobella and onion gravy, smashed potatoes, corn, coleslaw and rolls.

gotta go to the market for the chicken now. since the other chicken is soaking in hot stuff.
luvs, tried to pm you but you're box is full.
no problem thanks for the pm.

I'm making chicken saltimbocca (chicken cutlets sauteed with prosciutto and sage) from this month's Cook's Illustrated, along with roasted mixed fingerling potatoes with sage and thyme and a green salad.

Three kinds of pizza -
one with roma tomato slices, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves
one with oven roasted mushrooms, pomodoro sauce, mozzarella and fontina
and the last with roasted sausage, pomodoro sauce, mozzarella cheese and two oven poached eggs.

The eggs get placed about 7 minutes before the pizza is finished. It's magnificent.

The wine is from southern italy.

Three kinds of pizza -
one with roma tomato slices, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves
one with oven roasted mushrooms, pomodoro sauce, mozzarella and fontina
and the last with roasted sausage, pomodoro sauce, mozzarella cheese and two oven poached eggs.

The eggs get placed about 7 minutes before the pizza is finished. It's magnificent.

The wine is from southern italy.
And I'll be right there:LOL: Your pizza's sound wonderful...
kadesma

Vera, I ditto that, your pizzas sound real good!

I was planning on some homemade mozzarella from local italian market, Uncle Bob's dressing, fresh bread, with a basil leaf and roma tomato - yum! However, between my son being sick AGAIN and me starting with a sore throat and body aches, I think this glass of merlot will do it.

I was putting together a plan for stuffed flounder fillets, but DH is sick as a dog with a cold or the flu, and doesn't feel like eating much of anything, so I'm going to hold off on that until tomorrow.

It's going to be a C's Chunky Chicken and Noodle Soup and grilled cheese sandwich night, instead.

My DH is cooking dinner tonight! He's making eggplant parmesan & a spinach salad. I hope he'll do the dishes too! Then it would be a real night off!:)

Back
Top Bottom