Dinner february, 24 saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
probably a pork tenderloin with an apple cider/balsamic reduction with plenty of garlic, baby spinach with macadamiaoil vinagrette & sauteed shallots, & as my starch, either spinach pasta with sun-drieds & kalamatas or potatoes dauphine, & strawberries/blueberries with creme anglaise & mint.
you?

Last edited:
after opening a parcel with Liquid Smoke in it, I`ve made my own Burgers, Quite simple, I went to the butchers and asked him to grind some Beef for me, I chose some with plenty fat on it (he thinks I`m crazy now), so I got just over a pound of that.
added a level T spoon of Liquid smoke
1 TSpoon of homemade Chili sauce
a T spoon of fresh ground black pepper
same with the salt
a small onion chopped up Very Finely!

this was mixed very gently and allowed to come up to room temp (the meat was Very Cold and the butcher is only 3 seconds from my back gate).

the Fat trimmings from the hip steak I bought (for my Beef Jerky project) was heated in the griddle pan and rendered then allowed to cool to room temp.

the burger mix was then mixed properly until it all formed a large ball, that was cut into 4 and hand shaped into burgers and placed in the now cold griddle pan.
(I can`t say how it will be, I`ve not cooked it yet that will be after 7pm GMT).

we have nice fresh cheese topped buns for these burgers and plenty cheese sliced and salad (and home made BBQ sauce) to go with it :)

I`ll let you all know sometime 2moro how it went :)

I've got a couple of beef roasts in the crock pot with some beef broth, garlic, onions & mustard. They'll slow cook about 8 hours till dinnertime, when I'll shred the meat and make french dip sandwiches. They'll be topped with some good horseradish cheese. YUM!
I'll probably make some asparagus in garlic butter too, and maybe a plate of fresh sliced tomatoes.
I'm thinking this will be a good day to make brownies too.

We're going to Carmine's 11 (two) tonight and tomorrow going to see Wicked - our kids gift to us for Christmas.

No time to cook for Academy Awards! Will TIVO it -

Got my pork brining right now. We'll have some potatoes tossed in oil, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce as our starch and likely more yellow beans (I still have TONS in the freezer!) and a salad. Since I made caesar last night I should maybe do committee salad tonight. Although I think I want more caesar. I will serve all this with a lovely merlot for me and moo for everyone else.

I don't care ithat it is freezing here, I'm barbequing nice thick steaks. either double stuffed taters, or maybe fried in duck fat. I have two nice big leeks, so maybe a gratin. I have odds and sods of lettuces, so a salad of some kind. Then we can fight over the one leftover piece of flourless chocolate cake. :LOL:

I can't believe that the week went by so quickly and now it is Saturday. I am in Santa Barbara with some friends and we are doing to dinner at their Clubhouse which overlooks the goft course. The sun in out but it is a bit cold and Jolie and Tiny are playing.

Tiny is Gloria's toy poodle and they both love to play together.

I tried something different. I had a bunch of leftover smoked pulled pork from a couple of days ago. I made some enchiladas using the smoked pork. OMG!!! It's good!

YT2095 said:
I`ll let you all know sometime 2moro how it went :)

well it went Great!:chef:

I think for next time though I`ll add a little More Liquid smoke (extra half T spoon) and have a higher percentage of Fat (or more onion) very little Extra fat came out of the burgers, so I need to experiment a little more, but I would have given these a good 8 out of 10 and on My scale that`s Pretty good!
I tend to be very Strict/Harsh when it comes to my own work.

I`m about to get the beef jerky out of the marinade now and start drying that, Currently I`m Not over keen on the smell???
although I substituted Salt for the Soy sauce (DW totaly forgot to get some).

I`m going to stay positive though, even though I feel this may well fail.

Simple dinner last night. Sauteed hot Italian turkey sausages with Barilla Plus rotini pasta (tossed with butter, oregano, hot crushed pepper flakes, & granulated garlic) & a green salad.

Well... we had pan seared flat iron steaks with a cilantro lime sauce, herb roasted fingerling potatos, and cabbage simmered with bacon, beer, and spices. It was quite yummy!!!

Back
Top Bottom