Dinner for 18th July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Hope everyone has a lovely dinner tonight :)

We had a quick and easy one...Chicken Tonight, the Cheese and Bacon one with chicken breasts and rice...still very tasty though :yum:

early one for me today:rock lobsters double dipped oven fried chicken(he told me how to do it last week,cheers rock) with mashed potatoes/celeriac(celery root) & griddled aubergines marinaded with chilli oil & dribbled with thai hot chilli sauce.i like chilli sauce:yum:!i seasoned the corn meal with cayenne(told you i like chilli!),celery salt,garlic powder,onion powder,ground cumin & paprika.i used battened out thighs as i prefer them to breast...there really isn't a polite way of saying that is there:ermm::LOL:!!

Attachments

• OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 001.JPG
    OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 001.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 137
  • OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 002.JPG
    OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 002.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 155
  • OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 003.JPG
    OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 003.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 163
  • OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 004.JPG
    OVEN FRIED CHICKEN 004.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 164
Penne or cheese-filled ravioli in tomato vodka sauce & meatballs.

Last edited:
Since there are no thunderstorm warnings, or even watches, in our weather forecast for today, we plan to go out for supper.

I have some friends coming over tonight and will be making pizza for everyone.

You reminded me that I have a pizza shell in the freezer and pizza sauce in the fridge. Hmmm, that might be tomorrow's dinner.

Tonight everyone is working but Ken. So I've left a crockpot full of beef stroganoff. Everyone can cook their own noodles, rice or potatoes and add in a salad on the side.

Cheese, fancy crackers and fruit. I found some of my favorite roquefort, Papillon in the black wrapper, locally. I first got some at an open air market in Antibes in 2003. We liked it so much, it became my mission to bring some back every time work took me to France. The last time I schlept 2 kilos around with me during an afternoon of cheese and wine shopping in Marseilles.

In addition we got a nice triple creme and some Quadrello Di Bufala.:yum:

I have some friends coming over tonight and will be making pizza for everyone.

I'll have a mozzarella, tomato and basil please. :rolleyes:

Tonight is supposed to be leftover night (roast pork or roast chicken) ....but I'm not in a left-over mood...I'm sure I'll thing of something...oh bother...

Penne or cheese-filled ravioli in tomato vodka sauce & meatballs.

That sounds really tasty Cerise :)

early one for me today:rock lobsters double dipped oven fried chicken(he told me how to do it last week,cheers rock) with mashed potatoes/celeriac(celery root) & griddled aubergines marinaded with chilli oil & dribbled with thai hot chilli sauce.i like chilli sauce:yum:!i seasoned the corn meal with cayenne(told you i like chilli!),celery salt,garlic powder,onion powder,ground cumin & paprika.i used battened out thighs as i prefer them to breast...there really isn't a polite way of saying that is there:ermm::LOL:!!

Yum, yum and yum!

Bourbon...........
Fried Chicken........
Pink-Eyes.....
Berled Okra......
Corn Puddin.........
Squash Medley......
Kone Braid........
Zucchini Bread for D-Zert

Oh sorry.. it is pepperoni, mushroom, onion and green pepper.

And I don't deliver... you are welcome to stop by though. :)

Hey .. careful now.. I once drove 3 hours to get Friehoffer Chocolate Chip cookies!! :LOL:

Yeah.. sure.. you wouldn't make the drive just for my pizza. I know.. all talk.

Call me when you get close and I will give ya some directions. :)

Constructing a simple quesadilla today. There is a half of a baked potato that I am going to dice and fry with some scallions, then spread it out and add a little cheese and diced serrano chiles. Serve with salsa, guac and sour cream.

Nice job, Harry. How did you like them?

Rice, egg rolls, bok choy and pork not sur wat. Here.

Yeah.. sure.. you wouldn't make the drive just for my pizza. I know.. all talk.

Call me when you get close and I will give ya some directions. :)

:cool: Well I spent the night packing for our trip...but we all do need to get together again...it just hit me that it's been a year...:ohmy:

Glenn grilled fresh salmon (coated with red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, grated lemon rind, herbs), grilled fresh zucchini (from our container garden), Caesar salad, fresh sliced tomatoes and cucumbers (also from our container garden), iced tea and zucchini cupcakes for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom