Dinner for Ash Wed. March 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a traditional dinner at all here, we are having a pork roast, sauerkraut, potatoes and veggies. For dessert - homemade banana frozen yogurt.

we are having several suisse quiches salad with mandarins slmonds sugar romaine and iceberg celery sliced green onions cut on the diagonal dressed with salt,pepper veg oil parsley tabasco sugar vinegar.
kadesma:)

I'm trying another ATK recipe today. Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Peach Sauce.

It's a Boston butt rubbed with salt and brown sugar, then peppered and slow roasted for 5-6 hours at a low temp.

Apple juice marinated BBQ pork chops with roasts root vegetables, and a low sugar peach crisp for dessert.

BBQ pork sandwiches and some shnazzy cole slaw i'll make up...I think i may make the apple dumplings someone posted yesterday. I didn't have shortening, but i'll get some today...mmmmm

I've got a chicken I should put a can up its butt and put on the grill, but I don't feel like going through with the bother of turning the giblets into gravy, making mashed potatoes, the whole deal, and then carving the chicken up and putting away later... but I'll probably get started here shortly anyway.

I'm trying another ATK recipe today. Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Peach Sauce.

It's a Boston butt rubbed with salt and brown sugar, then peppered and slow roasted for 5-6 hours at a low temp.

Sounds yummy, Andy. Let us know how it turns out and PM the recipe to me or post a link if there is one available.

Here? After pigging out at the New Orleans seafood restaurant last night for Mardi Gras, we've gotten our sanity back and are going to have chicken in tarragon-white wine sauce, rice, buttered peas, iced tea, and the first slice of the King Cake I made on Monday. We were just TOOOOOO full last night to even think of having a piece.

Not a traditional dinner at all here, we are having a pork roast, sauerkraut, potatoes and veggies. For dessert - homemade banana frozen yogurt.

Here's how it turned out. I made a sundae with the frozen yogurt and the leftover puff pastry round from Sunday night.

Attachments

• PorkAndKraut.jpg
    PorkAndKraut.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 183
  • BananaYogurtSundae.jpg
    BananaYogurtSundae.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 177
I'm going to go with some pan fried chops... when they thaw. I'm just not in the mood for chicken tonight.

I got home early for once and napped through dinner planning and preparation. We had take-out from our local Chinese restaurant. :) Leftovers will be lunch for tomorrow.

Chicken Paprikash with buttered noodles, steamed broccoli and salad, maybe the last of the cheesecake for dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Here's how it turned out. I made a sundae with the frozen yogurt and the leftover puff pastry round from Sunday night.

Dave-In that first pic, is that a Currier and Ives plate? I have a set stored away that belonged to my Mom and my Aunt.:)

I had a baked potato, gorgeous green salad and several thin slices of turkey smoked sausage browned in a skillet. It was good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom