"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Master Chef
Dinner for Dad's Day..June 15, '14

What's the food plan?

It will be a quiet day here but I'll be grilling. Ribs, whole onions, marinated pineapple spears, asparagus, and foil wrapped potatoes. We'll have TJ's carrot cake and ice cream too.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
SO is being really good to me. It's been more of a Father's Day week. She even went to the lengths to plan a great Father's Day dinner for me to prepare.

Tonight's Father's Day dinner will be filet mignon, Lyonnaise potatoes and asparagus. I think I'll open a bottle of wine to compliment the meal.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Sous Chef
Well, we don't have our own dads anymore ,they were promoted some years ago but that's Ok because we are 'Mums & dads' ourselves, but I'll spoil the old man for our kids sake as our little unit live in three different countries, France, Spain and England. Yes, it's different here. Although,not much different to you all living ALL over America.
Anyway, Past and present 'DADS' in our family always had/ have Roast beef for their favorite dinner and so that is what we'll have tonight. We will also open a nice red wine having Skyped with the kids and then have an early night having sat up until 2am to watch England Lose to italy in the world cup!! Oh Joy!!
Celtic cook

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac
It is our usual "go out" night, but that will depend on how I am feeling. (I am still in pain but have a little more stamina.)

We were originally going to take TB's dad out last night for dinner but that was before the fall and I wasn't up to it. They are going to TB's sister's tonight.

So, I have no idea what or where we will be eating.

It is a bit of a sad day for me because my sister always did Dad's birthday and I did Father's Day. This is the second since he's been gone.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Called the First Man in my Life and now working on figuring out what the Third Man in my life would like for dinner...prolly just leftovers.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
Sous Chef
All is well LP. Try not to be too sad although I know it hurts. You don't get over it but you do get used to it, I promise. He's just up there with all our other dads shootin' the breeze. OK?
Celtic cook

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
One of Glenn's favorites will be the entree: grilled salmon. Then, another of his favorites, some steamed fresh tiny, tiny asparagus, along with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash (the first from our container garden), iced tea and, finally, a healthy dose of plum crumb dessert.

Our container veggie garden is just now beginning to produce and, from the looks of things, we'll be more than satisfied with yellow squash and zucchini, as well as tomatoes of many varieties. Yum!!!!
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
Senior Cook
Mama's making me baked herb-encrusted Cod Steaks, baked cubed potatoes rolled in onion soup mix and a surprise (?) for a vegetable. Simple, basic but something I love.
chiklitmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Master Chef
I fixed a pot roast with carrots, celery, onions etc... for lunch.

Supper is going to be strawberries and whipped cream!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
Got a great deal on an 8 1/2 ham, so I cooked it in my Ninja cooker with cider and glazed, so moist and tender. Made some homemade macaroni and cheese to go with. We'll have some leftover ham to pick at some vacuum sealed and frozen for later meals. Vacuum sealed the ham bone for a soup during the cooler months.

I'm Bloggin'

bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote