Dinner for February 17th, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea what we're doing for dinner.

Sheila's sister is coming in tonight, and her flight doesn't land until about 8 pm, so I don't know if we're eating before she gets here, after she gets here, or not at all. At least I have beer in case of a food emergency!

John

i have some more flounder to make from a giant package from costco, so i have to think of something tasty and soft to make with it because dw can't chew anything too hard. it has to be mushy, so i was thinking of a fisherman's colcannon (mashed spuds and chopped boiled cabbage with pieces of flounder added) with a pool of good irish butter on top.

luvs -soup sounds good to me,I like pizza to hmmm hard choice there

pds-your dinner sounds yummy.

bucky-flounder one word ~delicious

buckytom said:
dw can't chew anything too hard. it has to be mushy.

Sounds like she needs a liquid diet tonight. :LOL:

Dinner for me is unknown at the moment. I will find out when I get to work. I'm taking some granola bars just in case it is inedible. My lovely family gets leftover lasagna and tacos to fight over.

Not sure yet. I want pancakes and sausage LOL!! We'll probably end up with something with the chicken that I got.

Alix, I guess the avatar problem has been fixed. I see you have blueberries now, where as, this morning, I think you had rasberries or strawberries. What happened to Spongebob??

Hiya all! Long time no see! I think I am on my own this evening, little one seems to have gotten the flu... again. I am having a craving for homemade mac and cheese. The little one wants nothing to do with any type of food, so fun. :mad:

Michelemarie said:
Buckytom, take care of your better half - prepare her something scrumptious but soft and mushy.

As for us - hmmm, very unlike me, but I have no idea!

thanks mm, i did just that.
i ended up making flounder piccatta again last night. it was very good. i rendered a thick slice of bacon, added a little butter/evoo, toasted 3 cloves of minced garlic, added 1 cup white wine, 2 tbsps capers, brought to a boil, reduced heat, added 4 flounder fillets, the juice of 2 small lemons, a handful of chopped parsley, and a tsp of chef paul's fish magic, covered and simmered about 5 minutes. i added another tbsp of butter just before serving with mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom