Dinner for Friday March 16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife said:
Last nights leftovers.
followed by some kind of dessert and tequila sunrises.

mmmmm.... I think I'll make tequila sunrises too... I'm pretty sure I still have some Hornitos!

i had some linguine with chicken,carrots,peppers,onions and lots of garlic.And lamb and potato stew with flat bread.melon for dessert.

I'm making Southern Oven Fried Chicken.....

For sides, I'll have to check the frig before I make a decision.

Hey spryte, nice to see you posting again. Long time no see!

Dinner here is going to be chicken something. Going to do some zucchinis with that too. I'm still sort of undecided HOW everything is getting done. If its nice out the BBQ will be on, otherwise it will be oven time. I'm going to use a lot of garlic, lemon and rosemary, basil and thyme for flavoring the chicken pieces and zucchini. Just have to pull it all together at the last minute.

Today is Friday and I get my hair done. I will probably meet my girlfriend at the beauty parlor and then we will leave one car and go out for dinner. It is about 12:30PM here and I have no idea what I feel like eating.

I'm going to pick up the special from Boston Market: 1 whole rotisserie chicken, sweet potato casserole, green beans, stuffing, and cornbread. Service for 4, $20.00 American! I'll have it for supper tonight, then lunch tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday!

Oh, BTW, I put a lunch combination together today that sounded good at the time (hey, at oh-dark-thirty, who's to say what sounds good for lunch?), but it was terrible and I will never do this again: A Monte Cristo sandwich with powdered sugar and strawberry preserves, and french fries! The french fries were savory, and the Monte Cristo was sweet, and never again, the twain shall meet!

Last edited:
Lou and I are both sicilian and have always celebrated the feast of St. Joseph on March 19th. Since the 19th is a Monday, I'm making a traditional dinner tonight, instead.

In honour of St. Patrick, we're opening with Paddy Cocktails (will you look at the pagan celebrating the saints:ermm:....it's all about tradition, folks:))

First course is fresh mozzarella salad with plum tomatoes and cured olives.

Main course is Pasta y sarde con finocchio...which translates to pasta and sardines with fennel. I add toasted pignoli nuts, wine soaked raisins and diced tomato to the pan when I sautee the garlic and fennel. Add the sardines and bucatini pasta (bucatini is spaghetti like, but hollow). Then, you add toasted breadcrumbs to the plate before you serve.

I'm making italian bread as I type...just took the biga out of the fridge.

Dessert is also traditional - san guiseppe zeppoles - it's like a giant cream puff with a lighter than usual canoli filling.

I have a zinfandel for the dinner and Martel vs for dessert.

I never cared for this dish when I was a kid but I love it now.

Bloody Mary's...A minimum of two.

Small serving of Catfish Etouffee left overs

Grilled Chicken Breast

Brabant Potatoes

Salad with left over Itailian caper/garlic/anchovy dressing

Bourbon...Baker's Small Batch

Uncle Bob said:
Bloody Mary's...A minimum of two.

Small serving of Catfish Etouffee left overs

Grilled Chicken Breast

Brabant Potatoes

Salad with left over Itailian caper/garlic/anchovy dressing

Bourbon...Baker's Small Batch

I enjoyed two bloody marys in New Orleans. I notice they add a pickled green bean...interesting touch. Up north, we just add a celery spike or olives. What about you?

Lol, change of plans - I don't feel like cooking - hungry for take-out Fish and Chips ! For some reason, don't wanna cook on Fridays ! :( :)

Putting scallops and shrimp on skewers, lobster tail, and crablegs. Placing them on my EGG, and opening a good bottle of wine. (Is it time to go home yet?)

Bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and not sure what else I'll make with that.

VeraBlue said:
I enjoyed two bloody marys in New Orleans. I notice they add a pickled green bean...interesting touch. Up north, we just add a celery spike or olives. What about you?

Miss Blue...

Last trip to N.O., that I went out to dinner, I too had Bloody Mary's with the pickled green bean..I liked the idea as opposed to the celery stick. In fact today as I was gathering up some supplies I saw a jar of the pickled beans and almost purchased them...but did not. At home I ususally do not garish with anything...I did find them interesting and tasty. I don't know if this is a new trend or not. I do not normally drink Bloody Mary's so I am not up to speed on this practice. I did enjoy the idea and taste!!

No dinner for me since I'm doing a cleanse...

The boy isnt even home yet since his train was stuck for 2 HOURS behind another train that broke down! Poor thing, I think he'll end up getting a chicken kebob or maybe a chinese in the hood.

sittin in the hotel room overlooking the prettiest water in tampa fl.
going out tonight and will be sittin on the beach and don't know what anyone else will have but for me, it'll be the best looking salad I can find.:ermm: and that salad was...drum roll please.........chicken Caesar Salad:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
dunno...have already made a curried lentil soup for Sunday as well as a batch of hummus...(having veggie folks over) ... it has been snowing and sleeting all day...now freezing mist before the next onslaught of blech... supposed to keep going to 6 am!

So may well start tomorrow's corned beef brisket! maybe just nibbles and a sandwich tonight...dunno

I haven't the vaguest idea.
I wasn't even supposed to be here, but the weather here on the mid east coast took a turn for the worst, so my project got put off till next week:mad:
It will be seafood something, I'm sure. Think I've still got some shrimp and tillapia in the freezer. Probably will do them with rice, mushrooms and the remainder of the asperagus that I cooked last night:)

Our soup got substantially supplemente when I bought some lovely slices of pizza at one of Milan's boutique bakeries.....yum yum.

Then on the way home we stopped for a much needed apperitivo...the bar man was somewhat secretive about his delicious mixture, but it was GREAT, I would guess, asti, pineapple juice, a little orange juice and some form of bitters....I am not good at working out what is in drinks.

Back
Top Bottom