"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Bloody Mary's...A minimum of two.

Small serving of Catfish Etouffee left overs

Grilled Chicken Breast

Brabant Potatoes

Salad with left over Itailian caper/garlic/anchovy dressing

Bourbon...Baker's Small Batch
I enjoyed two bloody marys in New Orleans. I notice they add a pickled green bean...interesting touch. Up north, we just add a celery spike or olives. What about you?

Old 03-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Lol, change of plans - I don't feel like cooking - hungry for take-out Fish and Chips ! For some reason, don't wanna cook on Fridays !

Old 03-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #33
Head Chef

Putting scallops and shrimp on skewers, lobster tail, and crablegs. Placing them on my EGG, and opening a good bottle of wine. (Is it time to go home yet?)
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner, and not sure what else I'll make with that.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
I enjoyed two bloody marys in New Orleans. I notice they add a pickled green bean...interesting touch. Up north, we just add a celery spike or olives. What about you?
Miss Blue...

Last trip to N.O., that I went out to dinner, I too had Bloody Mary's with the pickled green bean..I liked the idea as opposed to the celery stick. In fact today as I was gathering up some supplies I saw a jar of the pickled beans and almost purchased them...but did not. At home I ususally do not garish with anything...I did find them interesting and tasty. I don't know if this is a new trend or not. I do not normally drink Bloody Mary's so I am not up to speed on this practice. I did enjoy the idea and taste!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #36
Executive Chef

No dinner for me since I'm doing a cleanse...

The boy isnt even home yet since his train was stuck for 2 HOURS behind another train that broke down! Poor thing, I think he'll end up getting a chicken kebob or maybe a chinese in the hood.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #37
Executive Chef

sittin in the hotel room overlooking the prettiest water in tampa fl.
going out tonight and will be sittin on the beach and don't know what anyone else will have but for me, it'll be the best looking salad I can find. and that salad was...drum roll please.........chicken Caesar Salad
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #38
Executive Chef

dunno...have already made a curried lentil soup for Sunday as well as a batch of hummus...(having veggie folks over) ... it has been snowing and sleeting all day...now freezing mist before the next onslaught of blech... supposed to keep going to 6 am!

So may well start tomorrow's corned beef brisket! maybe just nibbles and a sandwich tonight...dunno
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #39
Head Chef

I haven't the vaguest idea.
I wasn't even supposed to be here, but the weather here on the mid east coast took a turn for the worst, so my project got put off till next week
It will be seafood something, I'm sure. Think I've still got some shrimp and tillapia in the freezer. Probably will do them with rice, mushrooms and the remainder of the asperagus that I cooked last night
Old 03-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #40
Head Chef

Our soup got substantially supplemente when I bought some lovely slices of pizza at one of Milan's boutique bakeries.....yum yum.

Then on the way home we stopped for a much needed apperitivo...the bar man was somewhat secretive about his delicious mixture, but it was GREAT, I would guess, asti, pineapple juice, a little orange juice and some form of bitters....I am not good at working out what is in drinks.