Dinner for January 1st, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
2006! whew! Happy New Year!
i'm looking for a place that has pork and sauerkraut.
luv & a great new year,
-luvs

We'll be having taco soup, blackeyed peas and cornbread. I didn't feel like making a big pot with ham hocks, as it goes to waste since me and dh are the only ones here that will eat them.

luvs_food said:
2006! whew! Happy New Year!
i'm looking for a place that has pork and sauerkraut.
luv & a great new year,
-luvs
I like that Luvs, it sounds like a poem :)

I had left over pancakes with strawberry yogurt and DH had some ham sandwiches on French bread :) (Though this was sort of just a late lunch and I get the feeling that we will be eating again later.)

I don't know what we will be having for dinner. We are eating with friends. Since she isn't from the South (or where blackeyed peas are served) I'm taking a blackeyed pea dip (Texas Caviar) and chips and also a Strawberry cake. Hope everyone enjoys the brand new day of a brand new year!!!

I laid out some chicken breasts, and I am having a hangover-induced craving for mexican food, so I will have to hunt up some ideas!

shannon in KS said:
I laid out some chicken breasts, and I am having a hangover-induced craving for mexican food, so I will have to hunt up some ideas!
Ohhhh, Mexican would hit the spot right now too! Sort of related...I've got a major craving for Spanish rice. What Mexican dishes are you in the mood for Shannon? :)

Piccolina, definitely nothing with the words margarita or tequila in it.... :sick:

I am thinking maybe chicken enchiladas with a creamy white sauce, spanish rice, and we have some leftover black beans from last night, so maybe a pot of tortilla soup... But that also involves venturing to the store, too :mad:, and I am feeling pretty lazy today. :sleep: Maybe if I take a nap I will wake up ready to sieze the rest of the day? :ROFLMAO:

I have a big pot of chili cooking on the stove. We have cheese and crackers, boneless buffalo wings, and veggies and dip for munchies.

Well, we usually go out for dinner on New Year, but, the kids wanted to stay in and let me do the dinner, they helped so much, they created the menu:LOL:
Once again we are having prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with proscuitto and parmesan, roasted roma tomatoes, tossed green salad, garlic parm bread..I just cleaned and stripped and put some cardoon on to par boil, will then let it cool, dip in flour, then egg, then seasoned bread crumbs and pan fry for an appy. Tha's about it, I' sure glad i only drank hot tea last night:ROFLMAO:
The kids will provide dessert :LOL:
kadesma

kadesma said:
Well, we usually go out for dinner on New Year, but, the kids wanted to stay in and let me do the dinner, they helped so much, they created the menu:LOL:
Once again we are having prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus with proscuitto and parmesan, roasted roma tomatoes, tossed green salad, garlic parm bread..I just cleaned and stripped and put some cardoon on to par boil, will then let it cool, dip in flour, then egg, then seasoned bread crumbs and pan fry for an appy. Tha's about it, I' sure glad i only drank hot tea last night:ROFLMAO:
The kids will provide dessert :LOL:
kadesma

kads, sounds great! send me your leftovers!:LOL:

Kadesma- that does sound yummy! And what better treat for your birthday to get to cook!!! :LOL:

I threw the mexican idea out the window and decided to make due with what I had on hand: hoisin-glazed chicken breasts, rice, lo mein, and egg drop soup!

We had fried turkey, giblet gravy, dressing, collards, black eyed peas, corn and cornbread. Pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

Leftovers from last night's party - grilled New York steak topped with my garden pepper sauce, potato salad, Spanish rice, charro beans, green salad. My son has made his own BBQ sauce which is now marinading some shrimp. He'll toss them in some EVOO and saute...can't wait to try his creation.

I am not sure. Nothing is tempting the taste buds. I have all kinds of food in the fridge, freezer, and cupboards, so that is not the problem. Maybe if I go and stand in front of one of those food storage areas and view the contents
something appetizing will pop into my head.

Tonight I made Ginger Vegetable Chicken Noodle Bowl out of my new Rachael Ray cookbook. The last 2 out of 3 nights I have cooked recipes out of it and both have been great. So far I am batting 1000 with this cookbook.

We fixed a big breakfast around noon...so neither of us is very hungry. But the day can't go by without black-eyed peas so I have some cooking on the stove.

shannon in KS said:
Kadesma- that does sound yummy! And what better treat for your birthday to get to cook!!! :LOL:

I threw the mexican idea out the window and decided to make due with what I had on hand: hoisin-glazed chicken breasts, rice, lo mein, and egg drop soup!
Yep cookin on my birthday:LOL: but I gave em a present back..I made a mell of a hess in the kitchen and the menu planners and let's stay in's got to clean:ROFLMAO: I sat and ate cake and coffee:angel:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom