"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #11
Executive Chef
We ended up having pizza. One large one for my sis and her friend with tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and one for me and hubby with pepperoni, mushrooms, jalapenos, and some beer and wine for all

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
Executive Chef
found manager's special on tenderloin tips, so I crusted them with cracked pepper and sauteed in garlic evoo, then deglazed with red wine. topped with caramelized shallots. served with noddles-sourcream-parmesan cheese-chives-nutmeg side dish and peas with pearl onions. Mighty tasty for a quick put together dinner for two.

Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #13
Head Chef
We had grilled New York strip steaks, salad, roasted taters and scallions and fresh frozen corn (last year's...gotta make room for this year's) with a dab of sour cream, salt and peppa. And Blue Bunny's S'mores ice cream for dessert
Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
Master Chef
Last night's dinner was sort of a "blast from the past" for me: "Salmon Loaf", which my mom used make in the summer because it could be served hot, room temp, or chilled as part of a "cold plate". One of our local supermarkets had canned wild-caught Alaskan salmon on sale for $1 a can, so I picked up a bunch to have on hand. I mixed in lots of fresh herbs (dill, thyme, lemon thyme, & Italian parsley) & some chopped green olives & it came out wonderful. Even my husband, for whom Salmon Loaf is definitely not a favorite, liked it. And I have enough leftovers for a couple of yummy lunches!!!

Our usual mixed green salad accompanied it.
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #15
Assistant Cook
pot roast

nrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote