Dinner for June 23rd ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a wedding I have to go to tomorrow... but it's about 200 miles away and I'm leaving in about 20 minutes... so I'll probably be eating out somewhere this evening. Im happy about that though! The restaurants in my college town are nothing compared to the restaurants in my hometown!

I'm in the same boat as middie - not a flippin clue yet. We have some Gorton's frozen fish in the freezer and some salad makings.

Dunno.

Spent the day being as lazy as possible, Cade,Carson,DH and I all played in the pool and had lunch on the patio..The kids were so darn cute and had so much fun they tired out the cook:ROFLMAO: So it's dinner out and the special at my favorite Mexican place..2 large flour tortillas filled with pork carnitas, green and a smidge of red sauce, cheese,rolled fried and topped with lettuce, mashed avocado, sprinkled with green onions,Mexican cheese,plus rice and beans. They serve flour tortillas that they deep fried and served with salsa that is great. Ahhhh,what a day:LOL:

kadesma

I tried a recipe I saw Paula Deen do on her show today, I made chicken and wild rice casserole and it turned out really good. It probably had about a million calories but it was ver tasty.

I also made a banana cake. I've been making the same banana cake recipe for years but this time I added a layer of coconut, nuts, brown sugar and butter to the middle of the batter (I layered it between half of the batter) and I made a nice caramel icing - it was really good but also about a million calories.

We ended up having pizza. One large one for my sis and her friend with tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and one for me and hubby with pepperoni, mushrooms, jalapenos, and some beer and wine for all:)

found manager's special on tenderloin tips, so I crusted them with cracked pepper and sauteed in garlic evoo, then deglazed with red wine. topped with caramelized shallots. served with noddles-sourcream-parmesan cheese-chives-nutmeg side dish and peas with pearl onions. Mighty tasty for a quick put together dinner for two.

We had grilled New York strip steaks, salad, roasted taters and scallions and fresh frozen corn (last year's...gotta make room for this year's) with a dab of sour cream, salt and peppa. And Blue Bunny's S'mores ice cream for dessert :)

Last night's dinner was sort of a "blast from the past" for me: "Salmon Loaf", which my mom used make in the summer because it could be served hot, room temp, or chilled as part of a "cold plate". One of our local supermarkets had canned wild-caught Alaskan salmon on sale for $1 a can, so I picked up a bunch to have on hand. I mixed in lots of fresh herbs (dill, thyme, lemon thyme, & Italian parsley) & some chopped green olives & it came out wonderful. Even my husband, for whom Salmon Loaf is definitely not a favorite, liked it. And I have enough leftovers for a couple of yummy lunches!!!

Our usual mixed green salad accompanied it.

Back
Top Bottom