Dinner for June 2nd ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
I know it's still early and I thought about dinner already.
There's a first !!!!!! Quick write that down !!!

Bacon and Tomato Frittata.

It's a good day to have breakfast for dinner.

sounds good

middie said:
I know it's still early and I thought about dinner already.
There's a first !!!!!! Quick write that down !!!

Bacon and Tomato Frittata.

It's a good day to have breakfast for dinner.

Sounds good, we are going to have a small fish fry,
walleye and I think basa. My husband caught the walleye
I need to find out what looks good at the market, the walleye
will not be enough to feed us all. Fish with white kidney beans
and ham, hush puppies, maybe some slaw, my kids really don't like
it but my husband does, so I might make a corn casserole too.

Well, here's a real exciting menu folks...we're having leftover tuna casserole.

:ermm:

Actually, it's really good, with lots of tuna, egg noodles, cheese, peas, and mushrooms (plus the ubiquitous mushroom soup).
I wanted to do something new and more interesting with the tuna last night, but Kim came in tired and dirty, and said he didn't feel like anything "new and interesting". He had a couple slices of whole wheat bread and butter, and a glass of chocolate milk to go with, then crashed at 9:00. Sounds early, but he gets up at 4:30 AM.

rickell said:
Sounds good, we are going to have a small fish fry,
walleye...

Oh, how I love walleye! We're too far south for them, but my husband caught a bunch when he was working up north, and my dad used to catch them when we vacationed in Wisconson.
They caught musky up there too, but I've never eaten any. Isn't it mostly a sporting fish? They sure have some teeth on'em.

Hmm...I started with Smirnoff Twisted and when that was gone I hit the wine.

So..supper was fun.

A box of some type of Kraft shells and creamy herb stuff, a little butter, some lemon juice, colby jack, and hickory smoked tuna...Starkist style. All mixed together.

I was very impressed, as was my sober husband. Must have been decent!!

Constance said:
Oh, how I love walleye! We're too far south for them, but my husband caught a bunch when he was working up north, and my dad used to catch them when we vacationed in Wisconson.
They caught musky up there too, but I've never eaten any. Isn't it mostly a sporting fish? They sure have some teeth on'em.

Muskie are some mean fish. Every time I go fishing in Canada I try to get one but never come back with anything more than Northern, Walleye or perch. I'd love to catch me a huge Muskie!:LOL:

Last night I made Barilla "Plus" (made from whole grains/legumes) Thin Spaghetti tossed with a pound of jumbo shrimp that were first sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil, some leftover homemade pesto, a can of diced tomatoes, & some chopped Italian Flat-Leaf parsley. Along with the ever-popular mixed green salad.

Back
Top Bottom