"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Dinner for June 3?

Thought I'ld get in on the new thread action...curious to what everyone will be indulging in tonight.

Me, tequillia&lime marinated pork loin w/ black bean corn salsa, jalapeno/cheddar gratin potatoes, fresh blanched hericot vert.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We're going out to listen to some live Greek music. Dinner is included.
Not sure what I'll order yet but I know it will be GOOOOOD!

Old 06-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Dh is irrigating tonight so I decided to do something that I can work into his schedule. Grilled steaks with a Roquefort cheese sauce..baked potatoes,sour cream,butter, bacon and chives, green salad and hot french bread brushed with a truffle butter and grilled,dessert, homemade ice cream vanilla/chocolate chip.

kadesma
Old 06-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Thought I'ld get in on the new thread action...curious to what everyone will be indulging in tonight.

Me, tequillia&lime marinated pork loin w/ black bean corn salsa, jalapeno/cheddar gratin potatoes, fresh blanched hericot vert.
Not sure, yet. I have been dealing with the flu since Wednesday and my stomach is not back to normal. But what you are having sounds yummy.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Cook

I have a lovely fillet of salmon to either put on the BBQ or oven. I brush a bit of maple syrup on it and lemon juice and lemon slices. We have a small lemon tree but have so many to use! We have a tray by our street to share oranges, lemons, pumelloes, limes, etc with our neighbors. As fruit becomes ripe we share rather than let it spoil. We have papayas ripening now too. Our fig is not producing as we had such weird weather this year.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
Master Chef

Tonight we're going to a community street dance, so it will be brats & beer. BUT, that said, I also promised to fix a freind dinner after her surgery and got scheduled by her church group for today. So I'm making dinner anyway! For her it will be big sea scallops, first seared, then served over linguini and with a sherry/cream sauce. I think for a salad I'll cheat and just slice some cukes and use a bottled dressing. I'll drop it off at her house, then bring the truck home and walk down to visit another shut-in friend, then down to the street dance.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
Head Chef

Hmmm...we helped my brother and his wife move AND had a birthday party for my step sweetheart daughter...so we had sloppy joes, chips, raw veggies, watermelon and two different cakes and ice cream.

Supper was left overs from the above lunch!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Master Chef

We had hot dogs again, woohoo!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
Master Chef

Last night I grilled some Han's All-Natural Roasted Garlic & Fontina Cheese Chicken Sausages in my cast-iron grill pan & served them with plain buttered sliced baby fingerling potatoes & garlic-buttered broccolini.