Dinner for Monday August 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, since this is my "last supper" for at least two days and then it will be hospital fare, DH said I could have whatever I want.

So, even though we had it two days ago, we are again having fresh market salmon grilled with DH's secret marinade. Probably the rest of the asparagus with it and rice of some type. Oh, and grilled pineapple over ice cream for dessert!

I'm spoiled! :rolleyes:

What is everyone else having?

I have a little rump roast that I'm going to one way or another put on the grill, and some potatoes that will find thier way to the plate in some fashion.
Oh yeah, and my conjoined twin summer squash will be getting themselves grilled. This I know for certain!

i dunno

have lotsa raw ingredients hanging around, but nothing has come together. Just canned some onion relish, but that needs to age a couple of weeks, don't know if I want to face another ear of corn, but probably will, have a loaf of french bread cooling, now that sounds promising! found a red tomato this morning...still thinking...

Im cleaning out the fridge tonite so.... Im making a fritatta with mushrooms, green bell pepper, red onion, maybe green onion as well, diced potatoes, cheddar cheese and whatever else I find to throw in:LOL:I also made breadsticks(with garlic & parm cheese) for the first time, will probably make another batch for dinner!!
Dessert is vanilla & chocolate milkshakes:pig:

Bourbon...Then it's clean out the refrigerator...I am going to cut the okra, and fry a big skillet full just to say I did cook something dear! :whistling

A little strange for me

This morning I went to the store, thinking of seafood/fish. I was in the frozen food section and spotted Stouffer's - five cheese lasagna - 18-1/2 oz (2 servings) for 50 cents. I looked at the expiration date - July 2009. I bought two boxes!

So tonight it's Stouffer's
A salad of romaine and whatever vegetables are on hand, with vinagarette dressing.

Nothing special here, just pork chops, boiled new red potatoes, and corn on the cob. A bourbon sounds good UB, though I've never had it lol, but could definitely use one about now.

Leftover chicken, collards/potatoes, and gazpacho...and a white Burgundy AFTER the gazpacho - not sure how that would go together.

i'll cook fer you, babe!

something that'll fix your ails...

grilled cheese & tomato soup.

comfort food. get well soon, babe. i worry. have you seen a doctor yet...

Back
Top Bottom