Dinner for Monday March 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Yea! I get to start tonight's dinner thread! We're going Mexican-American with my version of burritos and homemade salsa and chips. Normally I don't cook on Mondays but DS is home on break and DH class is canceled because of the snow. Whacha'll having?

Since we weren't eating at home on 2/24 - Mardi Gras - I didn't get to make our traditional "Oyster Po' Boy" sandwiches, so that's what I'm making tonight.

I've had a taste, for of all things, shake & bake. Childhood flashback. So it'll be shake & bake chicken breasts (yes, skin and ribs included), couscous, and a salad.

I've had a block of tofu marinading in corned beef spices for a couple days. I'm going to slice it into 1/4 inch slices, bake until it crisps up and pile it on a sandwich with fresh rye bread, sauteed cabbage & onion and thousand island dressing. I'm curious to see how the tofu turns out.

Well let's see I started my healthy eating tonight so I had a huge salad with a light ranch dressing. I even ate later so I wouldn't end up grazing about 7 pm. I made my DH rice and beans, his favorite dish, my son got a chicken quesadilla and for my mom I made her a yummy sloppy joe sandwich.

On my own again so am thinking of either perogies with smokies or fettuccine Alfredo with mushrooms. Not supposed to be having starch as I am trying to stay away from it, but I am feeling under the weather and in need of comfort food.

well, I had the time and the right stuff so I cooked up a corned beef brisket and added root veg (potato, carrot, parsnip, shallot) and cabbage for a great snowy day supper!

I made Mark a BLT with tater-tots.
I had chicken legs cooked in mushroom gravy with corn.
img_798737_0_2483be22d2182a88a7d79067f46eb20d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom