Dinner for Monday the 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My wonderful sister and BIL took pity on my being alone this week and invited me for dinner.

She'll be feeding me a traditional Armenian dish called chi keefta. It's finely ground raw beef mixed with bulgar, minced onion, parsley, seasonings and a little water. It's a treat from our and BIL's childhood. Every time I go over for this dish, my BIL thanks me for coming because DS won't make it for the two of them. Timing is great because SO won't eat it.

The little brown-eyed girl was cleaning out the refrigerator this morning. It looks like supper tonight will be a real Southern buffet. Wow at the left overs!!! Even left over pork tenderloin from yesterday:yum: ~ She gleefully said she will not have to cook anything:LOL: I might have to stir up another batch of squash patties however:chef:

Tonight I will be making Pho with the broth I made yesterday. I have a few ounces of beef tenderloin to slice thinly and add to the broth. It is actually served as a raw beef pho called Pho Bo...

Heading to the food store today so will pick up something there. I'll check back in when the menu is finalized.

We're going to a concert with an unusual venue tonight. A band I've never heard of, playing in an art gallery, where you bring your own drinks along with a dish to pass. I think I'll make little smokies with grape jelly and chili sauce in the CP.

It's off to the store I go. This weekend I bought bratwurst to simmer in beer and onions before grilling, along with sour kraut and Vidalia onions, which are just becoming available here. Forgot to buy Buns. I think I need Ice cream too, because I made a rhubarb pie this morning. It's cooling and is so tempting to eat a slice while still warm.

Hi Uncle Bob!
animated-smileys-waving-008.gif
Good to see you drop by.

I unearthed two 16-oz cottage cheese containers from the freezer, each with a generous serving of Brunswick Stew. I think that's the last of my soups, but who can tell? My freezer is too jam-packed, minus the jam. ;) I might make salads, too.

Got to the store kind of late. Now not interested in cooking! May just do up a batch of spaghetti or cheeseburger mac.

The vacation food was great for a week and a nice break from the kitchen, but I'm ready to cook tonight. I'll be doing our favorite pork tenderloin, fresh corn off the cob fried in chive butter and steamed broccolini.

Good sounding dinners here! :yum:

Not at all interested in cooking here tonight, so I used the last of the roast beef for a sandwich on a toasted French roll, spread with a mix of prepared horseradish and mayo. The last of the potato salad as a side, and choc cake and French vanilla ice cream for dessert. Nice dinner for a hot evening. :)

I finally made the Asian chicken noodle bowl last night and had enough leftovers for tonight's dinner as well, so no cooking today. Here's a pic from last night.

Attachments

• 1434418125335.jpg
    1434418125335.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 157
Eggplant parmesan, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, and cantaloup for dessert. Buuuuurrrrrpp.

It was my sister's last night here. I was going to take her to my favourite Italian resto. But, it was a Monday and with the Sunday experience we had, I didn't want to risk it. We ordered from Mr. Falafel and had a great meal. We both ordered falafel platters: five falafels, a big pile of hummus, and a salad. We got one tabbouleh and one fattoush salad and shared them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom