Dinner for Oct. 3, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am still having to eat "soft" foods thanks to my temporary crowns. I have very little tooth surface to chew with and have to keep food out of the area around the crowns.

So, I had some chili and TB had tacos.

I tried a new dish last night - Caprese Fish, from a German cookbook given to me by one of our former exchange students. It calls for layering zucchini and tomatoes with fish and mozzarella cheese, seasoned with Italian herbs, salt and pepper; I used Havarti instead and I drizzled the pan and the fish with Tuscan-herb-infused evoo, then finished it with basil after baking. The book suggested serving it with potato purée, which was delish.

It wasn't bad, but I won't make it again. I wanted to try something different, but it turns out we both prefer fish with a bit of crust on it. I'll stick to pan-frying and grilling.
View attachment 31720View attachment 31721View attachment 31722View attachment 31723

That's a really pretty post GG, and it sounds delicious to me. I know we would enjoy it and I think I could adapt it to my individual casseroles that I really love to use for fish dishes. Thanks. :yum:

Thank you, Kayelle. Good idea to put it in individual casserole dishes. I have some, but I didn't think of that. I do have a nice big fish spatula, though [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom