Dinner for Sunday, May 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well gang I just scared the deck out of ADT I set off the fire alarm,,Gads what a racket..My ears are still ringing:LOL: I was getting the fry pan and some veggie oil hot to deep fry some shrimp and garlic chips..Needed paper towels, removed the pan from the heat but did NOT turn off the gas well let me tell you the noise, and the voice screaming fire fire made your ears ring.. I wonder if this is wnat the doc meant when he said to relax and keep my blood pressure down?:LOL: Alls well now but wow it was fun for a few minutes..
So it will be a large platter of Italian cold cuts, mortadella,salami,copa,proscuitto,provolone,,,foccacia and rolls, olives,peppers,marinated artichokes,of course our usual platter of fruits, will make some fried eggplant as long as I don't get the fire alarm upset again:ROFLMAO:
set up a bar for a change and have peach bellini,lemon drop or cosmopolitan goodies,beer,plain sodas, mango ice tea or iced coffee..
dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday

Got back a couple of hours ago from a weekend away. Had a big breakfast and stopped for a late lunch of roadside BBQ, so not very hungry. Probably just a big salad from the garden, maybe with some sliced leftover grilled chicken on top.

Well gang I just scared the deck out of ADT I set off the fire alarm,,Gads what a racket..My ears are still ringing:LOL: I was getting the fry pan and some veggie oil hot to deep fry some shrimp and garlic chips..Needed paper towels, removed the pan from the heat but did NOT turn off the gas well let me tell you the noise, and the voice screaming fire fire made your ears ring.. I wonder if this is wnat the doc meant when he said to relax and keep my blood pressure down?:LOL: Alls well now but wow it was fun for a few minutes..
So it will be a large platter of Italian cold cuts, mortadella,salami,copa,proscuitto,provolone,,,foccacia and rolls, olives,peppers,marinated artichokes,of course our usual platter of fruits, will make some fried eggplant as long as I don't get the fire alarm upset again:ROFLMAO:
set up a bar for a change and have peach bellini,lemon drop or cosmopolitan goodies,beer,plain sodas, mango ice tea or iced coffee..
dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday

:LOL: You are a funny lady!! I'm not even hungry...I've eaten my big "dinner' for the day at noon...for supper I was thinking maybe just a sandwich or less...But after reading about your platter of cold cuts, fried eggplant etc...I was wondering if I could just come by your house and "graze" for a little while??:ermm: I want stay long, and will leave before dark. Ok??

corn on the cob - havn't decided if i should do it on the grill or simply boil it, the others are having grilled salmon (i can't im a vegetarian however) sticky rice (soo darn good!!) and hmmmm, perhaps i'll roast some tofu!:)

The dressing for the cole slaw got made a couple hours ago (one of the recipes John A posted a while back and didn't need the slaw to sit in overnight), the bread in the machine has about two more hours, the ribs have been smokin' on the grill for a little over an hour, the sun finally came out again and the beer is starting to taste pretty good. If I could scoot down the road and pick up some corn at the stand, life would be darn near perfect right now.

dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday

Kades, after this and the note about the pharmacy, are you still maintaining that you and the doctors don't know why your BP is doing flip flops? :LOL: I am really glad Uncle Bob is coming to check up on you!

The border is taking us out for dinner tonight. He let us pick and then said he wanted prime rib, which leaves us only one choice.....my absolute favourite restaurant! Think I will either have steak Diane or Linguine Carbanara with a side of mushrooms and Caesar Salad!

I cannot decide what to make for dinner. I the ingredients prepped to make either Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole or Chinese Pepper Steak. Also, I want to make a loaf of jalapeno cheddar cheese beer bread, which really does not go with either of those dishes!! :rolleyes:

Sierra, is there a recipe here somewhere for that bread? Could there be? ;)
Does it have beer in it, or do you just need to drink a lot of beer when you eat it? :D

Roast pork loin cooked in Red pepper relish with extra roasted red peppers. Corn on the cob again, not as good today. I fell asleep with the roast on the grill, slightly overcooked but still very tasty.

Crescent rolls(nothing that good should be that easy).

Mixed fruit for desert.

Okay, we got to the restaurant and as I knew would happen I completely changed my mind and had the chicken Oscar with baked potato and salad. It was excellent and I have enough for lunch tomorrow!

ended up with a store bought turkey pot pie. was ok, and some awful brocc. green giant with with cheese. mostly stems.live and learn.

maybe some fruit later and crackers and cheese

babe:mad::mad:

:LOL: You are a funny lady!! I'm not even hungry...I've eaten my big "dinner' for the day at noon...for supper I was thinking maybe just a sandwich or less...But after reading about your platter of cold cuts, fried eggplant etc...I was wondering if I could just come by your house and "graze" for a little while??:ermm: I want stay long, and will leave before dark. Ok??
why you sure can..We always have room for more..I love company..:)

kades

Kades, after this and the note about the pharmacy, are you still maintaining that you and the doctors don't know why your BP is doing flip flops? :LOL: I am really glad Uncle Bob is coming to check up on you!

The border is taking us out for dinner tonight. He let us pick and then said he wanted prime rib, which leaves us only one choice.....my absolute favourite restaurant! Think I will either have steak Diane or Linguine Carbanara with a side of mushrooms and Caesar Salad!
After this weekend the doctors will all most likely be out of town when I call from now on:ROFLMAO: And I plan to keep UB busy when he gets here..So much to do and cook having a partner will be so nice..just think sitting in my chair and watching someone fry eggplant:ROFLMAO: Enjoy that dinner, I plan to enjoy mine...

kades

We ate at our favorite Thai restaurant today, posted pictures in another thread of the kids trying to eat with chopsticks, was pretty funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom