Dinner for the Ides of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I guess it would have been appropriate to have a Caesar salad...

What we did have was chicken with pickled peppers over rice.

We are both under the weather with colds - in fact the weather is under the weather here....cold and rainy. I almost drowned getting groceries and Violet's medication.

We are having homemade chicken noodle soup (gluten free noodles of course) and grilled cheese sandwiches. Perfect food for an unperfect day.

I never did see that movie...
I've got a chicken and stuff in the pressure cooker. I'm not going for dinner as much as I am the soup fixings and left over chicken I'll have afterwards, but I'm sure I'll eat some :)

We are both under the weather with colds - in fact the weather is under the weather here....cold and rainy. I almost drowned getting groceries and Violet's medication.

We are having homemade chicken noodle soup (gluten free noodles of course) and grilled cheese sandwiches. Perfect food for an unperfect day.

Man, you guys have got to get on track and get better! :)

I was too pooped to cook after shopping and getting up too early. I didn't feel like nuking leftovers, so we put out breads, cheeses, cold cuts, and pâté and made open-faced sandwiches. Sort of a smørrebrødsbord. I enjoyed that. It didn't hurt that one of the cheeses was a double cream brie and one was Cambazola.

Last edited:
Tater Tots with ketchup laced with Chipotle Tabasco, and smoked baby clams eaten with toothpicks from the can.

I'd say it was a take it easy day, but the truth is my energy about left me after a trip to the store. Dinner was a pan fried burger with fried onions. Canned baked beans and a handful of potato chips.

DH was gone most of the day. I got hungry and made rotini pasta with meatballs in spaghetti sauce. There was enough lettuce for one salad so I had that. The pasta was mostly gone after DH had his late dinner. There are enough meatballs and sauce that I think meatball subs will be in order tomorrow.

Clean-out-the-veggie-bin salad today on the patio. Cucumbers, spinach, avocado, and whatever else I could find. :) Lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper for dressing.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 141
And onto your keyboard :LOL:

Pac, you made a good point. LP, did you wipe off/bleach your keyboard and anything else you and TB came in contact with?

Gorgeous salad, Cheryl!

Last edited:
Made Friday's planned dinner: TJ's stuffed flounder, green beans, and buttered noodles with garlic, parsley and Parma cheese. Still feeling a bit like a truck hit me. Didn't get out of bed till too-late PM, so I'm still wide awake now. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom