Dinner for Thursday, January 24...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
I'm making Ol-Blue's melt-in-your-mouth meatloaf. It sounds too good not to try, with mashed potatoes & gravy, and green beans. I don't know which I'm more excited about- tonight's dinner or tomorrow's sandwiches.

What about you??

hmm... i don't know the recipe for the meatloaf. I'll have to find it. The dinner sounds yummy..might not get to left overs. Would you make extra just to have left overs? LOL

Ol-Blue's Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf. Haven't decided on baked or mashed potatoes.
It was a hard decicion, she's got 3 I want to try. Looks like I better stock up on hamburger!

hmm... i don't know the recipe for the meatloaf. I'll have to find it. The dinner sounds yummy..might not get to left overs. Would you make extra just to have left overs? LOL

The recipe is in the "Beef" section.

Would I make extra just for the sandwiches? ....Heck yeah! I take some Italian bread and spread a little garlic butter on it, then lightly toast it and top it with the sliced meatloaf and some provalone and heat it just until the cheese is melted. :D

Having leftovers tonight, taking my pork, rice, asparagus mixed together and serve in warm corn tortillias topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. May be weird, but tryin' it! Salad on the side.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Ryan
Happy birthday to you.....
Many congrats on your new career and the beginning of it in one week.
Very proud of you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that's just in case he reads this web site, which he doesn't.

don't know what's for dinner yet.
too much to do today to think about it so far.

Carmelized salmon with bok choy and Asian citrus sauce, served
over some galangal, lime, garlic and cilantro flavored basmati rice.

(but that meatloaf recipe is gonna be tried someday here too, lol)

Carmelized salmon with bok choy and Asian citrus sauce, served
over some galangal, lime, garlic and cilantro flavored basmati rice.

(but that meatloaf recipe is gonna be tried someday here too, lol)

My husband drooled when I told him your dinner!

We are having the Veggie Lentil Nut loaf I was going to make last night but was to lazy. Came out even better than last time! Steamed broccoli and a big fat glass of a lovely Rioja.

I've got about six chicken thighs that feel like they're finally thawed. They were supposed to be last night's dinner, but tonight's will work. They're going on the grill with some barbeque sauce.... I haven't had anything with barbeque sauce on it in a while. At least two weeks. And I have a serious taste for some.

I'm home alone for supper tonight, so I'm planning on pasta (either penne or spaghetti depending on what I find) with sauce from a jar.

Now I'm going to have to find that meatloaf recipe--maybe I can get my boyfriend to eat it again if I try something different!

It's dinner-out-with-friends night and it's Restaurant Week here in SE VA (fixed-price 3-course meals), so we're heading to a very nice restaurant I haven't been to before. Really looking forward to it.

clue

haven't a clue for dinner tonight. something with left over grilled chicken and maybe some fiedo pasta(cooks super fast ) cooked in chicken stock. have snow peas , hey this is starting to sound good. lol

babe:chef:

Just finished making a big pot of black bean soup with garlic, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, along with several other seasonings. Will have it with fresh cilantro and sour cream and some N.Y. Times bread per Cook's Illustrated recipe.

It's in the teens with lots of wind today, so a nice hot, hearty bowl of soup sounds good for supper.

Its my baby girl's 12th birthday today. Wow, where did the years go?? Anyway, she asked for potato skins for dinner so thats what she is getting. She gets to pick dinner tomorrow too (party = pizza) and on Saturday (family gathering) and she picked gnocchi for that one. She promised to help though. LOL.

Its my baby girl's 12th birthday today. Wow, where did the years go?? Anyway, she asked for potato skins for dinner so thats what she is getting. She gets to pick dinner tomorrow too (party = pizza) and on Saturday (family gathering) and she picked gnocchi for that one. She promised to help though. LOL.
Happy birthday to your baby girl....................and my baby boy:LOL:

We are having an Asian salad...grilled chicken, fried tofu, bibb lettuce, mint, cilantro, cauliflower, carrots, celery, red pepper, & udon noodles in a soy ginger vinaigrette with drizzles of spicy peanut sauce, peanuts & crispy corn tortilla strips. Flan & chocolate ice cream for dessert...if you put a little of each on your spoon & then into your mouth...it is super yummy.:)

Back
Top Bottom