Dinner for Thursday, July 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
didn't see that anyone else started this so i did. my dinner tonight is just left over pasta salad and iced tea. dessert lemon frozen yogurt. wish i could make some garlic bread.but to hot to use oven. maybe i could just toast a big sub bun in skillet. maybe give it a try.

Hopefully pork Souvlaki with grilled veggies (eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, asparagus and onion), and corn on the cob.

I'm going to be doing some dino bones (beef ribs) tonight. I bought a rack with some meat (more bones than meat) on it the other day.
I'll roast some corn on the cob and vegis along side...

I'm brining a whole chicken. I'll spatchcock it and cook it on the grill. Some steamed veggies and possibly some pilaf to go with it.

Unstuffed Cabbage

It's really hot today, but I'm hiding inside in A/C. I was wanting cabbage rolls (aka stuffed cabbage) but i did not want the hassle of blanching and rolling up the bundles. I took the soft parts of six cabbage leaves and chopped the rest. Then I made "meatballs" (beef, rice, onions, salt/pepper) and settled the raw meatballs on top of the cabbage leaves so they could not move about while cooking. (Basically, the meatball was sitting in a cabbage leaf cup with the top opened.) I covered them in cabbage and then the stewed tomatoes on top. Cooked it for 90 minutes on a simmer without stirring. I served it with mashed potatoes and had some fresh cantaloupe on the side.

The meatballs turned out like an unwrapped cabbage roll and the dish turned out pretty. I like colorful dishes and this one rated. It tasted exactly like the rolled up dish with a fraction of the work! If I were making this for company, I might have added some tomato sauce and topped each meatball.

~Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom