"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Another shopping day, so dinner was onions simmered in beer with hot brats. YUM!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I made some of the best chicken chop suey I've ever made, served it over hot rice, had iced tea to drink and finished with a slice of chocolate cake.

There's oodles of the chop suey left, so it looks like I won't have to cook tomorrow night. Sounds like a plan to me.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
anyone remember "old blue"? i am making her yummy meat loaf, i think she called it a cheeseburger meat loaf. sure smells good.l
That's a favorite of mine too! I have to admit, I bumped up the quantities of bacon and cheese.

A few years ago, I introduced this recipe to a couple we vacation with. He loved it and insisted I give the recipe to his wife. I did.

Sadly, as much as the two guys like this recipe, the two wives dislike it. As a result, guess how often it gets made.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's a favorite of mine too! I have to admit, I bumped up the quantities of bacon and cheese.

A few years ago, I introduced this recipe to a couple we vacation with. He loved it and insisted I give the recipe to his wife. I did.

Sadly, as much as the two guys like this recipe, the two wives dislike it. As a result, guess how often it gets made.
Obviously, you need a boys' night.

We had TNT Pork with Mushroom Herb Sauce and a salad of cauliflower, stewed tomatoes, roasted, chopped walnuts, bacon, parsley, with a garlic/Dijon vinaigrette. I got the inspiration from Blomkålssalat med bacon Opskrift fra Alletiders Kogebog blandt 30.000 opskrifter Mad opskrift at my Danish cooking site. They used fresh tomato, but Stirling doesn't like raw tomato. He wasn't crazy about the stewed tomatoes either. Oh well. I liked it.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Threw some cod filets in the pan with white wine, cream, cherry tomatoes and LOTS of herbs etc. Baked potato wedges, carrots and broccoli.
Turned out super yummy and dilly!

My husband never knew what dill tasted like until he met me, and now he is s dill addict. Crazy americans! :D
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Btw, I wanna see pictures of y'alls food too. Need to see how you pros do presentation :D
Old 05-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Certified Pretend Chef

Most of the random images at the top of the main page are our food pics. Check it out. They change randomly with each refresh.

If you create an album and link it to a cooking category, your pictures will appear as well.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Most of the random images at the top of the main page are our food pics. Check it out. They change randomly with each refresh.

If you create an album and link it to a cooking category, your pictures will appear as well.
Pix at the top of the main page? I don't see any. Do you mean the page when you click "Home"?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
anyone remember "old blue"? i am making her yummy meat loaf, i think she called it a cheeseburger meat loaf. sure smells good.l
I have made her meatloaf that has stovetop stuffing in it. I made it without so much cheese the first time, and I think without it at all the second time. It was great both times.

Tonight I cooked chuck steaks in canned tomatoes, then added to the pot some small whole onions, frozen lima beans, a can of green beans, and Montreal spicy steak seasoning. It was very good!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Pix at the top of the main page? I don't see any. Do you mean the page when you click "Home"?
It's the Forum Listing page. Click on the Discuss Cooking logo at the top of the page.

Tags
dinner