Dinner for Thursday, May 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
it is thursday the 24th, isn't it? i'm so out of it.

just got home after a 17 hour shift, +2 1/2 including the commute, and i'm fried.

well, since no one's home, i'm treating myself to a local steakhouse; their bbq sauced combo platter. a grilled hunk each of chicken breast, pork loin, round steak, pork ribs, and chorizo with sides of mashed and garlic sauteed veggies.

is anyone else eating tonight?

no one?

geez, harry and bolas have already killed something and ate it, and i'm sure margi's downed some tapas by now.

it's even getting late here in joisey. only the left coast still has a chance to plan.

Last edited:
Going to clean out the fridge and have leftovers. I'll probably have the boneless chicken breast on a roll with mayo, lettuce, tomato, blue cheese and hot sauce and some baked beans. Not sure what anyone else will have.. they can fix their own...:angel:

I ate early as I have a condo board meeting tonight. Two blade steak tacos with salsa, sour cream and cheese.

I guess so BT:) Have a great dinner. we are going with Thick cut veal chops with a pocket cut in them and then stuffed with a little fontina, ham and sage, the add some rosemary and Marsala to the pan serve with a tomato salad and mashed potatoes and green beans with parsley and garlic, Dh is asking for Italina bread and butter. Dessert Argg don'tknow run out for a banana split:LOL:
kadesma

Pan-fried ham steaks, red-eye gravy, and baked cheesy grits at our house tonight. Mrs 40 C doesn't know it yet but she will be doing the veggies...

We're having chicken thighs and drumsticks on the BBQ. I think I'll do rice and a green salad to go with.

Frittata with scallions, asparagus and mini sweet peppers, maybe some ham.

I made some of the best chicken chop suey I've ever made, served it over hot rice, had iced tea to drink and finished with a slice of chocolate cake.

There's oodles of the chop suey left, so it looks like I won't have to cook tomorrow night. Sounds like a plan to me.:yum:

anyone remember "old blue"? i am making her yummy meat loaf, i think she called it a cheeseburger meat loaf. sure smells good.l

That's a favorite of mine too! I have to admit, I bumped up the quantities of bacon and cheese.

A few years ago, I introduced this recipe to a couple we vacation with. He loved it and insisted I give the recipe to his wife. I did.

Sadly, as much as the two guys like this recipe, the two wives dislike it. As a result, guess how often it gets made.

That's a favorite of mine too! I have to admit, I bumped up the quantities of bacon and cheese.

A few years ago, I introduced this recipe to a couple we vacation with. He loved it and insisted I give the recipe to his wife. I did.

Sadly, as much as the two guys like this recipe, the two wives dislike it. As a result, guess how often it gets made.
Obviously, you need a boys' night.

We had http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/tnt-pork-with-mushroom-herb-sauce-68116.html?highlight=pork and a salad of cauliflower, stewed tomatoes, roasted, chopped walnuts, bacon, parsley, with a garlic/Dijon vinaigrette. I got the inspiration from Blomkålssalat med bacon Opskrift fra Alletiders Kogebog blandt 30.000 opskrifter Mad opskrift at my Danish cooking site. They used fresh tomato, but Stirling doesn't like raw tomato. He wasn't crazy about the stewed tomatoes either. Oh well. I liked it.

Threw some cod filets in the pan with white wine, cream, cherry tomatoes and LOTS of herbs etc. Baked potato wedges, carrots and broccoli.
Turned out super yummy and dilly!
img_1142065_0_117737d4ca8801c36d4e1b6ec92e36cb.jpg

My husband never knew what dill tasted like until he met me, and now he is s dill addict. Crazy americans! :D

Last edited:
Most of the random images at the top of the main page are our food pics. Check it out. They change randomly with each refresh.

If you create an album and link it to a cooking category, your pictures will appear as well.

Most of the random images at the top of the main page are our food pics. Check it out. They change randomly with each refresh.

If you create an album and link it to a cooking category, your pictures will appear as well.
Pix at the top of the main page? I don't see any. Do you mean the page when you click "Home"?

anyone remember "old blue"? i am making her yummy meat loaf, i think she called it a cheeseburger meat loaf. sure smells good.l
I have made her meatloaf that has stovetop stuffing in it. I made it without so much cheese the first time, and I think without it at all the second time. It was great both times. :cool:

Tonight I cooked chuck steaks in canned tomatoes, then added to the pot some small whole onions, frozen lima beans, a can of green beans, and Montreal spicy steak seasoning. It was very good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom