Dinner for tonight Dec 16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talk about cold----- our wind chill is 15'!!! with about 8 inches of snow last night and still snowing and windy - brrr.
So tonight will be making cabbage soup and cornbread !!!!
(was making meatloaf till I saw this weather) :ohmy:

A friend and I are going to try out her pasta machine and make homemade spaghetti. I'll also bring along some of Rachael Ray's marinara sauce, with some homemade pesto from my freezer, since I can't find fresh basil in the stores anymore. We'll also have tossed salad and garlic bread.

Tonight will likely be beef and broccoli stir-fry. Our wind chill here is up to 15 deg F (was in the single digits over night).

Making paella tonight using chicken, kielbasa (couldnt fine chorizo), and shrimp. I am following Walt Bulander's recipe in the ethnic forum. Having a Nor'easter up here right now so this dinner should hit the spot.

It's a little chilly here as well, although I can't complain.

Tonight
Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
Roasted Root Vegetables
A couple of tablespoons of applesauce

We are in the midst of a Nor'easter. Dh is watching the Pat's game. I am making a pot of sauce/gravy with pork and meatballs. Serve it up with some rigatoni, salad and garlic bread. May not be the season for this but dessert is black rasberry ice cream

I'm about to go start a batch of
split pea soup using the leftover ham bone from Thanksgiving.

Or lentil soup with meat.

I'll let Paul pick...

A friend and I are going to try out her pasta machine and make homemade spaghetti. I'll also bring along some of Rachael Ray's marinara sauce, with some homemade pesto from my freezer, since I can't find fresh basil in the stores anymore. We'll also have tossed salad and garlic bread.

After reading up on making spaghetti, I think it will be easier to start with ravioli :) Each strand of spaghetti has to be cut by hand - it will be much easier to cut wider strips of dough with a pizza cutter for ravioli. I'll get some ricotta cheese and mix it with some of my pesto for a filling.

The pea soup is simmering as I type Lefselover and boy does it smell GOOOOD!!!!

I decided not to ask Paul and just went with the Pea, sometimes... I can be so mean. lol. ( I'm sure he would have picked the lentil.)

Cooking for just myself, I don't have the luxury of a daily menu - so instead on Sunday I make a weeks worth of food. This week is a little different than usual because I also have to include a dish for a pot luck we're having at work on Tuesday.

The pea soup is simmering as I type Lefselover and boy does it smell GOOOOD!!!!

I decided not to ask Paul and just went with the Pea, sometimes... I can be so mean. lol. ( I'm sure he would have picked the lentil.)
how do you make your split pea or lentil for that matter?
and you're mean, you know I can't smell it from here:-p
I make it different all the time but curious how others do it cause I may need to change
Cooking for just myself, I don't have the luxury of a daily menu - so instead on Sunday I make a weeks worth of food. This week is a little different than usual because I also have to include a dish for a pot luck we're having at work on Tuesday.

Not to worry about the spanokapita, it's really not hard, just a little time consuming but eating that oozing cheese out of the hot philo, is well worth the effort, use lots of butter on the philo

Not to worry about the spanokapita, it's really not hard, just a little time consuming but eating that oozing cheese out of the hot philo, is well worth the effort, use lots of butter on the philo

Thanks! You're right - it wasn't that hard, but time consuming! It's in the oven right now and I used up every last bit of melted butter and oil that it called for.

The recipe called for it to be baked in a 9x13 casserole dish. Do you have any suggestions for how this should be served? I'm imagining the center pieces only having the phyllo on top and bottom and I'm not sure that will be very presentable... If it was just for me - I wouldn't care - but if I decide to share this at the pot luck...

Back
Top Bottom