Dinner for tonight Dec. 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't noticed one! Thanks for starting it!

I was going to make scalloped potatoes and ham, but by the time we finished at the grocery store it was after 7:00. We ended up getting burgers and fries at Wendy's.

:)Barbara

What are your eating/cooking plans Tuesday 12/28/10?

Holy Cow!! Did I miss todays dinner thread?

My first pressure cooker Pot Roast (bottom round seasoned and browned on all sides, 3 cups water, 1 cup burgundy wine, 1 envelope dry beefy onion soup, 1 (8oz) can mushrooms – pieces & stems w/liquid, & 1 TBSP gravy Master , red & Yukon potatoes, celery & carrots) and mixed green salad dressed with EVOO & lemon juice.

img_952336_0_f0797cdeb0b72e9945d250b96e2f8954.jpg

img_952336_1_f7390608a6fbb30f717c2888b1e5a403.jpg

Kayelle was talking about making garlic bread, and suddenly I was hungry. I'm sick of soup, but still no appetite until the mention of garlic bread. I made some adding sliced Hormel corned beef and slices from Cheddar and Swiss blocks. Mmmm.

I tried another Danish dish tonight. It's called "Hasselback kartofler" (kartofler = potatoes). We had it with schnitzel and the ever so handy rødkål. After making the fancy potatoes, I didn't feel like coming up with a vegi dish that took any work. The potatoes were good. They have the potential to be really good. I'll try some variations. I think I was supposed to leave them in the oven longer.

IMG_2443.JPG

I made some cabbage soup using the smoked cabbage from the other day.

I just started a dinner thread also please merge. I missed this thread I guess because I have gotten used to the day of the week in the thread title. Sorry.

Last edited:
did i miss a thread for tonight's dinner. can't believe there isn't one. i am having shredded bbq pork rib on a sub bun. if i missed the thread please merge. :ermm::ermm:

had to tell you how good my sandwich was. i put some of the bbq sauce on both sides of the sub bun. then shredded almost hot pork ribs and put that on. generous amount of sharp cheddar shredded cheese. put the whole thing on my george forman grill. pushed lid down hard and let the cheese melt and the bun get hot. had a few chips and a beer with it. it was just delicious. and i am stuffed. hardly any mess to clean up. :chef:

I can't believe this dinner thread is so late either, Babe.

Gorgeous picture, TL!
Glad you enjoyed the garlic bread Z. Try it sometime with fresh chopped garlic.;)

You guys remember that tough tri tip from a couple nights ago? I did get my money back for it, and didn't even have to roll any heads at Von's. :LOL:
Tonight I cut it up into tiny pieces and cooked it into submission for a Smoked Tri Tip black bean Chili. It was finally fit for eating.
Cooked up some white onion, and chopped garlic, added the meat and 2 cans of well rinsed black beans, 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, and a packet of taco seasonings. Topped the bowls with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Dang fine eating..........finally.

We had a "clean out the fridge" frittata with ham, a couple of different cheeses, shallots and green pepper. I would have added some mushrooms but they had already become petrified.

We had a "clean out the fridge" frittata with ham, a couple of different cheeses, shallots and green pepper. I would have added some mushrooms but they had already become petrified.

Petrified mushrooms...as opposed to slimy mushrooms, can be brought back to life by soaking in warm water. Then just squeeze the water out, but they soften up nicely. I usually just rough chop and add to soup pr stew.

I had leftover Christmas dinner, Tamales, Spanish Rice and Refries. The Spanish rice has picked up some totally radical kick after a couple of days in the fridge! Woohoo!

I can't believe this dinner thread is so late either, Babe.

Gorgeous picture, TL!
Glad you enjoyed the garlic bread Z. Try it sometime with fresh chopped garlic.;)

You guys remember that tough tri tip from a couple nights ago? I did get my money back for it, and didn't even have to roll any heads at Von's. :LOL:
Tonight I cut it up into tiny pieces and cooked it into submission for a Smoked Tri Tip black bean Chili. It was finally fit for eating.
Cooked up some white onion, and chopped garlic, added the meat and 2 cans of well rinsed black beans, 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, and a packet of taco seasonings. Topped the bowls with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Dang fine eating..........finally.
Thank you Kayelle!!

I posted a garlic butter for garlic bread and as a garlic bread crust pizza awhile ago. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Garlic Bread (Click here for recipe)

Garlic Bread

img_952382_0_25ba8bd83ba81ed470d4a5c8fa222b5a.jpg

Garlic Bread Crust Pizza

img_952382_1_b3f9d3ff583bf533bb282de72af5aa8b.jpg

Last edited:
Grilled cheese on pumpernickel with extra sharp cheddar and sliced tomatoes, and a green salad.

I tried smoking cabbage once, but it never dried out enough to roll it right, and it was too big for the cigarette papers. :D Then I remembered that I don't smoke! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
OH MY LORD!! Shame on you!! I laughed so hard ..... I don't even wanna tell you!

andy, petrified? what were your mushrooms afraid of? :cool:

nice job, mofet, on both the roast and garic bread. yummm.

we got take out from a local steak joint tonight. it's an interesting place. it used to be a pizza place, but the chef who owns it tore out the pizza ovens and put in a big grill and kitchen prep area. in front there's just a few tables but no wait staff so you pick up from the counter, no booze, just great steaks, chops, and other grilled goodies.

dw had the grilled chicken over greek salad, my boy had bbq chicken, and i had the protein salad (slices of grilled steak, pork loin, chicken breast, and swiss cheese over lettuce, tomato, and kalamata olive salad). and we all shared a side of rice and beans.

Thank you BT!! Your dinner place sounds wonderful!! What town is it in? Got a name and link for me?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom