Dinner for Tuesday, April 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone . It has been a nice quiet day. had the broiled seafood platter, shrimp, scallops, crab imperial, and a piece of white fish. Having the carrot cake later tonight.

Last edited:
OOOOOPS - forgot we're having a wine tasting tonight - this will be dinner:

Prelude

Santome Prosecco

~

Eggplant Baldi

2007 Bastianich Rosato

~

Poached Sea Bass with Peppadew and Portobello Broth

2006 Bastianich Tocai, 2006 La Vis Sauvignon

~

Ravioli alla Bolognese with Yellow Tomato Coulis and Goat
Cheese Salad Cannoli

2006 Quattro Mani Montepulciano, 2005 Castello di Nieve Barbera D’Alba

~

Bistecca alla Fiorentina with Sauteed Spinach and New Potatoes

2003 Velenosi Roggio del Filare, 2002 Vinosia Taurasi

~

Pannacotta with Fresh Blackberries​

gonna do that chicken cajun pasta meal.
the chicken is thawing, and it'll get slliced in long strips, then lightly browned in olive oil/butter after being dredged in "bamm" flour. the veggies [yellow/green/orange peppers/onions/shrooms/shallots/garlic] are sauteed already, they're sitting in frig.
I like long noodles, they're my favorite but I think I'll do a penne or something similar for the dinner tonight. mine was served on linguini when I first had it.
the sauce is [best as I can figure] sour cream/creme fresh//1/&1/2/tiny hint of tomato sauce/cumin/corridander/cilantro/oregano/chili flakes/salt and pepper. thickened with a slight slurry or chicken broth and corn starch, forgot the extra thick bacon crumbles on top of dish.
oven roasted carrots and beets with olive oil/rosemary/chives/salt and pepper.
Happy Birthday Dave!!!​

Last edited:
Oh Calya, that looks so good! Do you need a multi-level steamer to make it?

No, you don't need a multi-level steamer. Just a regular steamer would be fine. If you make it, please let me know if you like it. I make it once every few months and freeze it if there are leftovers. :)

I was having a Porterhouse steak, medium rare. On the side was a baked sweet potato with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and Green Beans Almondine. For desert I was having a wonderful NY Cheesecake, eggnog flavor topped with nutmeg and whipped cream.

Then I woke up and it was time to head home, getting groceries along the way. We ended up stopping at Whole Foods and picked up a salad, Thai Noodles, Bison Chili, Lamb Shanks in some sort of sauce, and cauliflower and potatoes in some sort of Indian curry spice.
It was all pretty good. Had left over ice cream bars for dessert and DW had some of her Real Sangria... wow that is almost gone already, LOL.

Ffy

:ROFLMAO: Laughing my head off! I'm glad someone asked. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it meant. All I could come up with was French Fried Yak. That was in my head all afternoon. I told the BF about it and he was laughing at me. Now he's curious, too. Ah, life is good. Thanks for making my day, Spryte.

Ended up making chicken.
Almond Lemon Chicken, sans almonds. I didn't have any and the kids just pick them off anyway!
Rice, frozen mixed veggies.
just finished the last of the caribou coffe ice cream. :)

Well, the carne asada (beef) was tough and the tortillas were too thick (not strong enough to press them really thin today, I guess) and the avocado was brown inside...but the three dogs thought it was all great and we enjoyed the beans and mango. Better luck tomorrow!

happy birthday to u dave.

i don't feel well so didn't really have dinner.

had a tangelo, the milk out of a bowl of cereal. once i made it i couldn't swallow it. also ate three of the pills that raise blood sugar. a bit low with no food.

babe:(:(

:ROFLMAO: Laughing my head off! I'm glad someone asked. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it meant. All I could come up with was French Fried Yak. That was in my head all afternoon. I told the BF about it and he was laughing at me. Now he's curious, too. Ah, life is good. Thanks for making my day, Spryte.

French Fried Yak! hehehe

Some days I'm just NOT cooking! The 10 year olds are plenty old enough to forage... and everyone else has been foraging for years!

last night was a weird hodgepodge. dw made broiled salmon, at my son's request when they were food shopping. but then he refused to eat it at dinnertime. so she made tortolini in a little butter, and corn on the cob, and mac and cheese, all of which he refused to eat.

until i got home. :)

she doesn't know all of the mind tricks and games that i play with him to get him to eat.

i got him to eat the salmon, telling him it'll make him a strong swimmer; so much so that the fishies will be coming up to the drain in the bathtub, peeking in to see who it is that smells like salmon and can swim really fast. so he ate piece of salmon, and then the mac and cheese was just shovelled in when something distracted/interested him on tv.

he ate some of the corn on his own, but quit as soon as ice cream was mentioned. but we did all share a coupla oranges before we all screamed for ice cream.

so i had the leftover salmon: good even cold. and some tortollini: not good cold.

later, i was still hungry, so i picked up chinese veggie fried rice, and broccoli in garlic sauce.

i guess it was our version of foraging.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom